Thursday, April 26, 2012

Perfect day...almost.

The first day of my first solo mom of four week was gorgeous!  We had beautiful weather.  And when you live in the Pacific Northwest and you have a day with beautiful weather, you get the heck outside!  So the kids and I went to Waterfront Park and spent about an hour before we had to get Max off to school.  Max asked, "What if we accidentally forgot to go to school?"  I have to say it was a little tempting to "forget", but we got him there.  Sometimes it stinks to be responsible.  I just wanted to play at the park with my kids all day.








Then I hatched a plan.  Papa Johns has a Monday Mania deal - any large pizza for $8.99.  I ordered online, called Ty and told him to meet us in the Walmart parking lot in Poulsbo, packed some other food, picked up the pizza, and met the mister.  I didn't tell anyone where we were going.  He jumped in with us and we drove to the second park of the day!  My kids refer to it as Pirate Park because the play area looks like a pirate ship, but it's really Salisbury Point Park.  It's right on the Hood Canal, it was warm and perfect. We live in such a gorgeous corner of the world! Heaven.  We were the only people there for the first hour.  Once the playground started filling up, we took our brood to the water where they threw rock after rock after rock into the Hood Canal.  It was such a fun evening.




We needed some things from Costco, so we stopped and shopped, picked up some Family Home Evening treats, and then realized we'd left Ty's car 15 minutes north of us in the parking lot. Bummer.  I fed Tucker in the Costco parking lot and then we all drove up to get the car.  As we were unloading our Costco goods I realized that the blanket and our jackets, which had been on a picnic table at the park and I'd asked Ty to grab, were not in the van.  A quick question to my hubs revealed that he had, indeed, forgotten to throw them in.  He laughed.  I laughed later.  What is wrong with our brains?! So I put the kids to bed while he drove the 45 minutes there and back.

Still a really great day.  I've got this mom of four business.  No problem.  :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So fun! Look at you out and about. Tucker is so cute. I love those days, when it's just so great. Love you, can't wait to see you in a few weeks!