Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Blessing

Tucker Elliott Foster received a name and a blessing at church last week.  We planned it so that my parents would be here for it.  'Twas perfect.  Normally I am not a fan of 1:00 p.m. church, but with a newborn I am loving it.  We had a pretty relaxing morning and about 12:00 I went to my room with my baby boy to feed him and get him ready for his blessing.  I had some beautiful Sunday music playing on Pandora on my phone while I nursed him.  I had a long time to gaze at the little man in my arms, and think of who he is and who he will become.  My heart felt ready to burst and the tears flowed.  I am honored and humbled to be his mom.  Then I got him dressed in his little white suit, the same suit that his brothers wore for their blessings.  I thought of my other boys and how much I love all of these little men in my life.  It was a very special time of reflection and gratitude for this momma.  The blessing by his dad was, of course, wonderful.  I am thankful for the Gospel, for the priesthood, for a worthy husband, for my little family, and that my parents were able to be here for the blessing as well.  


















No comments: