Thursday, December 31, 2009

Preparations

Maybe it's that this is my third baby in 3 1/2 years, but I have not felt prepared at all for Everett to make his entrance in the world. Not stressed about it, just not quite ready. Every now and again during the pregnancy it's hit me that I AM having a baby - another little human to love and raise and care for. Mostly, though, it's been business as usual and the reality eludes me.

As I mentioned, we moved Kelly out of her room and in with Max a few weeks ago. This week I finally went in and took down all of the pink. I ordered the crib bedding set I'd had my eye on for Everett and it should be here soon. Today I painted a huge letter E to match his room and I'll be hanging that tonight or tomorrow. Yesterday I went to my "Stork Express" appointment at the hospital to do all of the paperwork so that I don't have to worry about that when checking in. I went to the doc today for a checkup - I'll be 37 weeks on Sunday, I'm measuring 37 weeks, the little man's head is down. Max went with me and said that Everett's heartbeat sounds like a horse running. His clothes *all billion and one articles of Preemie - 3 months clothing my sisters and I have acquired* are washed and folded or hanging in the closet. Once the bedding set gets here and his room is put together I think I will feel READY for him to come. I told Ty tonight that it's not about the decorating, it's about the connection and how much more I'm able to think of him when I'm working on these projects. I have been diligent the past few days about taking a few minutes to talk to this little man who will soon be in my arms. It's amazing to me the love and connection a mom can feel before holding the babe in her arms. I am excited to see what he looks like, to get to know his temperament, to watch his brother and sister fall in love with him...

We're just about ready for you, Everett Daniel. Say your goodbyes because we can't wait to say hello!

1 comment:

Emily Youngdell said...

Wow, I can't believe you only have a few weeks left!! That is so excting. The end is definitely in sight..
I wish you the best, my friend. I'll be thinking about you. Love ya!