Monday, December 14, 2009

Actually...

Last night at dinner Max started this conversation...

Max: I want to be the Mom!

Me: Okay, go for it. But do you want me to tell you what you'll have to do to be the mom?

I went through cleaning up dinner while everyone else plays, making all of the meals, getting Kelly ready for the day, cleaning toilets and every other room in the house, etc. Each thing I said elicited an excited, "Okay!" from the Maxster.

But then I dropped the bombshell. "And in about 4 weeks you're going to have to have a baby because Everett will be ready to be born." He thought about it and while he was thinking I told him that it was pretty painful to have a baby.

Max: "Actually...I'm the son."

I thought so.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great. I don't blame him!

carly said...

so funny!:) and i love the baby name!! had you already shared it and i missed it?love it!

sillymama said...

Men have the same response.

Tribe Family Happenings said...

what a fun thing to have recorded for the future! Kids say the cutest things... Actually I'm the son! Ü

janet said...

if only we could pass on our responsibilities.. for just a second. Men. they will never understand.