Tuesday, December 22, 2009

BED!

On Sunday night we moved Kelly from her crib in her room to the bottom bunk in Max's room - now Max & Kelly's room. That night she and Max got up and ran down the hallway to hide from us in the master bath a few times. It was hard to be stern, but I think I did the job (Ty said he was a little soft) because everything went well after that. Yesterday her nap was awful. Lots of crying, putting her back in bed, wailing, frustration, howling, compassion, did I mention she cried? Finally I threatened her with the crib and then followed through. That's where she napped. It was very sad and apparently she didn't want a repeat. Today she cried for a minute, opened the door, I said "Kelly, stay in your room", she fussed and climbed back in bed to fall asleep. We'll see how it continues to go...

Kelly calls it her "Big Sister Bed" which we think is very cute. Having that empty room - which I need to decorate for the BOY who will be occupying it - makes it seem more real that he's on his way very soon. Lots of small-ish contractions tonight. This bod is getting ready for the upcoming birth! It's amazing to me, even the third time around.
------------------------------------------------------
While we're talking about beds, let's talk about the fact that I am pretty domestic. Several months ago I made comforters for the kid's bunk bed. I was transitioning their room into a Hawai'i theme and so I ordered this material and had it shipped straight from the islands (the local JoAnn had nothing).
I decoupaged scrapbook paper onto these letters. The room's not totally finished, but it's turning out pretty cute. Except, the other night Max told me he wants a "normal" room. Whatever, kid, I have a small window in which I can impose my will on you and I will take advantage of it! He can have his "normal" room in a few years.
---------------------------------------------------------
I was on a roll, so I also made a duvet cover and pillows for our bed! I had no idea what I was doing, but made up a pattern in my head and went at it. Not perfect, jury's still out on the pillows, but it's a big improvement. I think that my next task will be to buy a pattern and try to follow it. I haven't done that yet and it's probably good to be able to follow one. Our room has been the very last to get attention. I also made the window coverings, but they are a work in progress, so no comments on those, please. I may re-post when I've finished them?
--------------------------------------------------------------
It's 10:30. I'm going to snuggle with my husby and head to our duvet-covered BED!

2 comments:

val said...

dana way to go. i'm so impressed with your skills. i really want to sew...but not bad enough to make myself learn. your projects turned out great.

Sara said...

I am so dang impressed with you!! Nice work! It all looks awesome.