Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Girlie Girl

If the definition of "girlie" is adding a -y, -ie, -ies on the end of every word, then my girl is super girlie. She sees/has blankies, fishies, horsies, toesies, piggies, duckies, armies, shoesies, etc. It's inside of her, this innate desire to make everything sound a little more soft and cute. Probably because she's so soft and cute.
Also, she's a princess lover. I have no idea why I felt opposed to exposing her to the world of princesses, but for some reason I did. All it took was her Aunt Kristen putting something around her neck that resembled a necklace while we were in Colorado in October and telling her she looked like a princess. Now "Princess!" is screamed with excitement when she sees a cute girl in a dress. "I a princess, Momma." We hear it all the time and I love it. I also love that I can get her to do the things she usually hates the most by throwing 'princess', 'pretty', or 'beautiful' in there. "Kelly, hurry and come get dressed! I have a very pretty shirt for you to wear today"..."Kelly, let's do your hair so you'll look like a princess!"...*while trying to get her to hold still while I do her hair* "Kell, look in the mirror at that beautiful girl!" It's awesome. Works every bit as well as a snack bribe, and the girl loves her snacks.
Oh, this little lady brings me so much joy! She is so particular, but now that she can communicate her desires it isn't so bad. Now she can tell us that she wants "Hop on Pop" to take a nap with her...or the pirate ducky, or "armies" (Max's green army guys), or blocks, or the girl froggy. She always has to have something in the crib with her. AND she's become a bit of a "blankie" girl. I had a favorite blanket when I was little and I wasn't sure how something like that evolved. But just recently she has developed an affinity for a particular blanket to snuggle with and sleep with her arms around.
The girl loves to sing and the other day I realized that there was an actual song I knew in there. "I have a fam'ly on earth...good to me...life with them...parents kind...dear." Oh, my heart. I told her what a good job she was doing so I got to hear it many more times that night. The other favorite song is "We will, we will rock you!" *Watch video below...it takes just a few seconds*
I am extremely grateful that she is forever my girl.

3 comments:

J.D. and Gina said...

Cutest Danalin! You look beautiful! I am so excited for you to have your little Everett. Christine is now almost 6 weeks old - hello where does time go! Max and Kelly are just getting cuter all the time! I am totally thinking about you and pray that these next 3-4 weeks will go smoothly. What a blessed little baby to be coming to you!!
Love you! Gina

Madsen Family said...

That is a crack-up that she so enjoys that song. These little ones come with such personality. Love it. Will's favorite songs: Who Let the Dogs Out? and ALl the Single Ladies by Beyonce. Yes, I am introducing all kinds of music to my child. And Kelly is such a doll, by the way. She is getting soooooo big!

janet said...

She is awesome! She will be such a great big sis.. and those eyes are something else.