Sunday, January 13, 2013

While the boys were away....

we played!

Kelly was SOOOOOOOOO {no, this is not an overstatement} excited for our overnight date.  Just the girls! And the Tuck Man, of course.  She made all of our plans.  Before we left she insisted that we all get gussied up.  We curled her hair, put her in her fanciest dress, and she even got to wear some sparkly lip gloss.  She thought that Tucker could stand a new shirt for the evening too, so he had a wardrobe change. We started the evening with dinner at Red Robin {after we ordered I realized I didn't have my wallet, explained to the waitress, jetted home, got back just as our food was coming out...awesome}.  Next we hit up Target to get green and blue nail polish because we had a few holes in our nail polish color pallet.  We almost bought a gallon of strawberry ice cream, but the tough decision was made to get a cone at McDonald's instead.  "On our next date we'll get strawberry ice cream."  We came home and got in pajamas to watch Princess and the Frog.  I thought we were too stuffed for popcorn, but apparently 4-year-old girls are never too stuffed for popcorn.  After a very tired and crying Tuck went to sleep it was just me and my little lady snuggled on the bean bag watching the movie.  I LOVED IT.  I especially loved how much she was loving having me to herself.  It was adorable.  After the movie we headed to bed and I always want to remember the look on her face as she was getting under the covers...she was SO excited and happy and had her understated smile with super happy eyes {you'd have to see it to understand}.  We laid in bed and talked and looked at pictures of our night on my phone for a little over an hour before we finally fell asleep.  It was a happy, perfect night.

The next morning I got to take Kelly with me to a baby shower {"I like to call them baby baths"} and that was fun too.  She was the present helper, a perfect job for her.  At first she was shy and wanted me right by her, but warmed up quickly and totally loved having something important to do.








Oh, Kelly Anne.  I love you so very much!  What a fun date.  I am so lucky to be your mom.

No comments: