Sunday, January 13, 2013

Catching up...quick like

Pumpkin Pickin' - Minder Farms. Bad crop again, but we got some good pumpkins they shipped in.  AND they let us go through the corn maze, which was fun. 




 Apple Butter! We had a ton of apples from our little apple trees and I wanted to do something besides apple sauce this year.  A friend suggested apple butter and that's just what I did.  Delish!  This will be a repeat for sure.
Kid Pics - I like pictures that my kids take of me doing motherly/daily things.  Just real glad the second picture wasn't taken a second later.  Ha!  Someone was about to eat, see, and it wasn't me.

Silver Ridge Pumpkin Run - The elementary school does a run every year and this year it was a family affair.  Ev and Kelly were determined and excited to run.  Max and Ty were going to stick together and the rest of the kiddos were all mine.  Everett made it halfway across the field before he wanted to join Tuck in the stroller. Kelly decided her coat was holding her back and hurriedly asked me  to take it off.  As soon as the coat was off, she took off like a shot! Max ran it in 7:54 and Kelly took off like a shot and ran her little heart out. I LOVED watching her weave in and out of the crowd. As we were nearing the end Ty yelled, "Good running, Kelly!" A few minutes later (panting) she said, "When Dad said 'Good running'...that...filled up my heart *several deep breaths/pants* That was really nice."
 Max & Kelly learned how to wash the big dishes...and were SO excited about it!
 Elbow pads on little boy sweaters make my heart happy.
Sunday afternoon fun when your dad is an engineer...incredible block towers!  And block tower destruction, of course.


Pumpkin Carving - Kelly decided on a scary face this year for the girl's pumpkin, the boys went with  Batman.  Ty always outdoes me in the carving department {show off}.  Tuck's response when I showed him the pumpkin was to eat it, of course.




Max's Halloween class treat - Spider web oreo pops!  Oreo pops never disappoint.  And those kids totally needed more sugar on Halloween, so it was a good thing I made these bad boys.
Halloween Decor - wanted to take a picture of it because who knows how long we'll be in this house.  I LOVE our Japanese Maple in the fall.


Trick or Treat! Two knights in shining armor {thanks to Goodwill and some Mom ingenuity}, a damsel in distress, and....a lion.  I should have made Tuck a dragon or something, but this is the standard baby boy Halloween costume we've used for all of our little men.  We opted out of Trunk or Treat this year and just hit up the neighborhood.  I was SO glad.  There was no deadline for when we needed to be out the door and I loved that.  It POURED rain all day, but just as we were going out, there was a break in the downpour and it started back up just as we were finishing.  I love watching my kids Trick or Treat.





Soccer - Ty coached Max's team this year with a friend from work {we realized after the season got underway last year that we were cuh-razy for co-coaching...hard to coach and watch your two other children at the same time}  This year they were the Sharks.  We had a repeat team except for one boy. Max is super good at soccer, though his competitive fire, which was lacking last year, swung a little too far.  Brother was VERY emotional about losses. I'm hoping I can keep him off of the football field and on the soccer field for another year in 2013...we shall see.
Tuck Man is a bottle babe now and he prefers to take his bottles sitting up.  There is always so much going on around here, I think he just doesn't want to miss out on a minute of it!  I kind of felt like I was feeding a baby calf or something at first, but now it's the norm.

No comments: