Thursday, January 28, 2010

Update

Last night I had consistent contractions for 6 hours...and then they stopped.

This morning I lost my mucous plug.

The doctor stripped my membranes at the appointment today.

We are scheduled for induction on Sunday at 12:00 p.m. if I don't have this babe before.

We looked up massage pressure points to induce labor on the internet and my mom put them into practice on me.

We went to the mall where I dropped Mom and kids at the toys and then walked until my feet couldn't take it anymore.

I am praying (often) for a natural childbirth that starts naturally; that's the desire of my heart.

For the next few days I just get to enjoy my momma and watch as she enjoys my kiddos...oh yeah, and pray for this babe to be born.

I feel very peaceful about where we are and how things are going. Nights are a little rough - not getting a good night's sleep and itching like a mad woman - but the days don't feel so bad. Ty wasn't very thrilled with the Sunday induction because we went in thinking he would induce tomorrow (Friday). But I think we both feel good about it now. Now we're back to the waiting and wishing and hoping game for the next few days!

3 comments:

janet said...

so glad for the update.. I have been thinking about you (and this soon to come Everett) all the time. Enjoy your time with your mom. We will be praying for you!!! Love you, girl.

Emily Youngdell said...

Thanks for the update! I keep checking to see if anything has happened. Hang in there sister, then end is in sight!
I will be thinking of you. Love you tons.

Mommy said...

It's almost over! (Lucky!) Can't wait to see pics when he finally gets here. (I'm partial to him being born on Sunday--my birthday) But at the same time sincerely hope you have him before then!