Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This n' That

Just some randomness to catch up on (backward style)...

I finished Everett's room! Not that I did a ton to it. I ordered a new crib bedding set (argyle and stripes) that I really love; painted some mattes from pink and yellow to brown and blue; bought this huge letter 'E' from JoAnn and painted it to match the bedding set. I'm really happy with the result and can't believe that we are REALLY going to have a baby to put in that crib very soon! I think he'll have to be in my arms for it to really sink in. But we are ready for him!
---------------------------------------------------------
It's been really rainy the past few days. Today the kids and I were running errands and Max wanted to pretend that we were going camping and looking for a spot. I thought of the tiny tent we have in the garage and set it up when we got home. We spent several hours in there today; it's been just the distraction and time together we all needed.
still in exercise clothes...lookin' real hot...don't care a bit
Max being a statue outside of the tent
------------------------------------------------------------
Last night I put the kids to bed and they had been down for about 1/2 hour without a peep. All of a sudden I hear Kelly yelling, "Mommmyyyyy! Mommmmyyyy!!! My legsies!" I went in and found that her pj pants had ridden up to her knees and she needed my help pulling them down. So, so particular. She can't stand when her sleeves ride up on her arms either. And when I put her in her booster chair for meals - if her shirt rides up in the back she yells, "My body! My body!" until I pull her shirt down in the back. If she wasn't so cute it would be quite annoying.
---------------------------------------------------------------
We were given a huge bin of hundreds of tiny soldiers last year. I wasn't quite ready to break them out because I envisioned how many times I would be picking them up. However, they were "accidentally" left out where Max saw them (I say "accidentally" because Ty has been wanting to give them to Max for a while and he "happened" to leave them on the steps where Max could see them). But it's been super fun for Max to line up huge armies AND he's been pretty great about picking them up. He spends hours with them sometimes. *sigh* Ty was right.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
During Ty's week off between Christmas and New Years, he planned a Basketball Training Camp for Max. Kelly and I went for moral support. It was very cute to watch. They just may have another camp this weekend.
Stretching out before all of the hard work starts

6 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

I love the room, looks great and I can't wait to see pictures of this little man!! So fun to go camping and Max is a great statue :) How fun for a basketball camp, such a cute idea!!

The Sweet Eats said...

Okay... So i LOVE love LOVE your "E" its different than I usually see and I totally may copy. If you don't mind that is!! Hope all is well and you get a chance to put your feet up every now and again between playing with your two cute kiddos!

The Sweet Eats said...

haha. I commented from my other blog! This is Elise!

campblondie said...

The room looks great! Are you dying for him to get here or what, maybe that's just me. I can't wait to see him!

McLeod Clan said...

My husbands middle name is Everett and I'm dying to name my little boy Everett! I'm so glad someone else loves it too.

Beth said...

DANA. . . . . .. so I've been thinking about you non-stop since Mickey and Margaret were here!! UGGGGGGHHHH, are you surviving??? You are in our thoughts and prayers! Hope it comes soon and safely. Quinn's bday is Sat :) maybe they are supposed to be birthday sharing cousin-buddies? Good luck! We're thinking of you and your family! And, the room is ADORABLE!! So cute, and love the huge E. Blake has a huge B like that, but I need to do something to it to jazz it up. . . yours is darling!