Sunday, January 03, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Family Photo Shoot

Today was momentous for the Fosters.

Maxwell started Primary - the little dude is a Sunbeam. He sang the songs he knew and listened very attentively. A few months ago we started helping Max memorize the Articles of Faith as part of a program that the stake president is doing. The theme and scripture this month center on the 1st Article of Faith. Max was THRILLED to recognize something he knew. His little hand shot in the air and he shouted, "I know that!" He was pleased as punch (there's a phrase I've always wanted to use!) to recite it with all of the big kids. I love being in Primary to see this transition!

Kelly ventured to nursery all on her own. There was a bit of drama with one of the little girls, but she seemed okay to be there sans big brother. Although, she has had a rather emotional day.

We came home from church *a little after 12:00 instead of a little after 4:00...ahhhh, so nice!* and I wanted to take a picture of my Sunbeam
...then I thought that I should take a picture of my 37-week belly
*It's big and beautiful because of the purpose it's serving...in a few weeks it will just be big :)*
...then Kelly decided she needed to pose
*first a few side-shots to look like Mom*



















...finally Kelly wanted Dad in on the action.

I guess these are the kinds of wonderful things that happen when you get home from Church and have the rest of the day ahead of you! Have I mentioned that I really like early Church?!

**I had to add this on. Tonight I accidentally brushed Max's teeth with Kelly's toothbrush and toothpaste. It wasn't until I was done that I'd realized it and I told Max about it (he hadn't noticed). He asked why I'd done that and I said, "I don't know, Max, my brain just isn't working right now." A few minutes later he said the family prayer and it went like this, "And please bless Mom that her brain will get well so she won't brush my teeth with Kelly's toothbrush and toothpaste and brush them with my spider man toothbrush..." Then he glanced over at Ty who was struggling with Kelly to get her to kneel and added, "And please bless Dad that he will be able to get Kelly to kneel down for the prayer." Glad I wasn't the only parent whose skills were left wanting and needed some Divine help tonight!**

3 comments:

janet said...

that belly is gorgeous! And so is the family. The profile shots of Kelly made me laugh. Yeah for Max going to sunbeams. I wish I was in Primary to see Zack...

Good luck these next few weeks! So excited to see pictures of little Everett.

Amanda said...

What a beautiful family!!! You look great Dana!

Madsen Family said...

Personally, I too adore 9:00 church. 1:00 church almost did me in. Personally, I don't think it's possible for you and your family to get any cuter. But it will--in a few short weeks with the addition of another darling baby boy. I'm so excited for you. I hope you get all your nesting projects done. I wish I was there to help. Good luck, my friend!