Thursday, March 08, 2012

Good news, bad news, random news

The very good news?  I don't have intraceptic cholestasis.  The bad news?  I still itch like crazy.

Yesterday was a little better and I thought, If this is all I have to deal with then I can totally hang in here for another 3-4 weeks when the little man decides to come on his own.  Today?  Not so much.  Today the feeling is more like small pins poking me all over.  Kelly was snuggling against me and her hair rubbing my arm about sent me through the roof.  It was sad. So I know that I want to get to at least 38 weeks, but we may be talking induction with the doctor on Monday?  Or maybe not.  As Ty told me last night, "You're a very confusing woman."  I am in tears almost every night before bed because it hurts so much, but I also don't want to rush things.  Ty also said that I am kind of granola. (Both comments were made in humor and with love, promise...plus they're kind of true.)  I really do like unmedicated births.  And I did the Pitocin routine with Max for 13 hours without an epidural (they did finally allow me an epidural which is when things started rolling) and I know that I am not a big fan.  Ty thinks that I should get the pitocin, get an epidural, and enjoy the ride.  I have an appt. with the doc on Monday, so for now I'll just get through each day.  I don't know that we'll make a decision on Monday either.  We'll see how far I can get taking it one day at a time.  I've run a stinking marathon, so I can do this, right?!  The difference there is that I knew where the finish line was.  Max and Kelly were both 5 days early...Everett was 5 days late.  Oy.  Late would be hard to swallow with this itchy business.

Okay, enough of my whining.  I am sick of hearing myself talk about it and I'm sure everyone around me is tired of hearing about it.  I apologize.

So I think we have settled on a name for our little fella!  I'm not disclosing it on the blog until he's born though.  I've shared it as a consideration with a few people and have received some harsh reactions.  But I realized that I don't really care.  I care about the people, just not their opinion on what I name my child. So I guess I shouldn't have shared, huh?  I should know better.  AND if any of them heard Everett say the name, they would fall in love with it too.  Oh my goodness, that little boy is sweet.

Speaking of Everett D...brother is in a toddler bed!  We made the switch last Saturday and have had no problems.  Easiest transition of our three kids.  I know it helps that he is in there with Max and Kelly.  I gave them the charge to teach Ev the ropes of staying in his bed.  It was so fun that first night to stand outside the door and listen to them talk.  He LOVES his older brother and sister.  They were all so excited.  Ty did have to go in a few times that first night to get them to settle down, and the first night Everett ended up on the floor a few times (Kelly came in to go potty about 4 am and sleepily, but urgently, told me, "Everett is sleeping on the FLOOR!"), but since then it's been great.

Max still says funny things, here are a few I posted on Facebook recently:
Last night Max went to watch Ty's basketball game. Max's friend from Kindergarten was there and he told me they played a lot of the game. Ty's team lost and I asked Max if his friend's dad was on the opposite team or on Dad's team. He said, "No, he was on the other team. But it didn't, like, effect our friendship or anything. We're still friends" :)


Tonight we were telling Ty about the day and I mentioned how Max had written the best #4 (it really was pretty and he doesn't always take time to do his best on numbers, so it was noteworthy) on his homework. Max explained to us that you can do a line down, over, and then the line all the way down OR do the line all the way down first and go over and up. He told us that he does the line all the way down first and then goes over up and then matter-of-factly added, "It's just how I roll." There are probably a lot of 5-year-olds who say that, but it's not a common phrase in our abode and I had no idea where he'd heard it before so it cracked me up.


Well!  Hasn't this been a random post?  I think that's a theme that emerges for me on my blog toward the end of each pregnancy....

6 comments:

Seven Times Lucky said...

Hang in there Dana! You're amazing! Love your guts!

Nicole said...

Sid's mom had something similar when she was prego with him. She would use rocks to scratch herself (not a recommendation. It sounds misreable.
When I was prego with Molly she was nicked named my "tumor" growing and taking over my life. Visualize yourself in 6 months and tell yourself you can do it!!

Brenda said...

You can do it! You can do it! Rah, Rah, Rah!!! The Kents are cheering you on! This will be so worth it and soon it will be behind you. Love you, Dana xo

val said...

I'm so sorry about the bad itches. That's terrible. Hang in there. Wish I was closer so I could help you.ooh ooh I wanna know your name. I'm sure it's perfect. Loves.

Carrie said...

Oh for heavens sakes...that sounds miserable! I am so, so, so sorry! During my years of struggling with infertility, I vowed I would cherish every moment of a pregnancy if I were given the opportunity to experience it. That was until I became pregnant with Robby. Miserable, I tell ya. It was horrible, and I feel every woman has earned the right to complain and receive a little (or a lot of) sympathy. And complaining and feeling like you want it to END doesn't mean you aren't grateful for the experience. I am soooo sorry you are so miserable. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult each day is. I'm sure that when people tell you how sorry they feel, you're thinking they're not nearly sorry enough- they have no idea the depth of suffering because they haven't experienced it. With Robby, I had a pelvic condition that caused me horrific pelvic pain the last 3 1/2 months of pregnancy. I could barely stand for more than 5 minutes and the end of each day I was in tears, wondering HOW I was going to make it through the next day. Sister, a marathon ain't got nothing on pregnancy. Pregnancy was hands down the most physically difficult thing I have ever done. It is unrelenting (and I was so miserable I totally went for a two week early induction...I practically begged for an epidural every day for the last 3 months of my pregnancy).
All I'm saying is, don't feel bad if you're not totally enjoying every moment of this precious experience. It doen't mean you don't value it and you're not grateful for it. Don't feel bad about sharing how difficult it is with others. And above all, just get through one day at a time. Focus on making it to the end of each day. You are a strong, amazing woman. The suffering will soon be over and you'll hold that beautiful baby boy in your arms- glory be!!! Hang in there, lady! You can do this.

carly said...

seriously dana, i feel so bad for you!! i am in pain just reading about your itching. i hope, for your sake, that you can be induced, ahhh! and, you have a name?! i am so excited to hear!!! we are also pregnant with number 4, hooray! :)