Friday, March 02, 2012

CELEBRATE good times!

I realized I never posted pictures of how we celebrated The Ev Man and Kelly's birthdays.  I decided to remedy that this afternoon.

Everett's birthday celebrations....they were simple.  Presents in the morning, church, and then a few very dear friends (the Lintons and the Kents) came to sing and share birthday cake that evening.  This little boy is stinkin' adorable.  I love him lots.  He has entered the Why? stage and I think it's a hoot.  His other favorite question is, "What ______ means?" And he asks it about every word that comes out of my mouth.  The other day he was in the kitchen with me, got a little smile on his face, and said (while pointing to the kid stool) "I gonna nuggle.  I gonna nuggle with that!"  I asked, "You're going to snuggle with the stool?!"  "Yeah!" Then he laid down and rested his head on the stool and sweetly said, "Ohhhh". Random.  And funny. Often throughout the day he will lean his head on my shoulder and say, "Love you, Mama."  Brother has my number.  Big time.  And he had a GREAT birthday...loved every minute of it.

 

 



 One of the little folk - I think Kelly? Maybe Max? - took pictures of some of the crew...





And on her birthday Kell Bo Bell was very spoiled with presents and attention from SO many wonderful friends and family.  Each time one of my kids has a birthday it makes me realize how blessed we are with the "family" we have here in Washington, none of whom are related by blood.  A dear friend dropped by that morning with a bouquet of pink roses for the birthday girl, the gifts were abundant, the friends and games were so fun, the sweets were flowing, and Kelly stayed in her princess dress from Halloween (LOVE getting mileage out of that dress!) until about 6:30 when she got a little rip in the front (don't you worry, I've already sewed it up).  We decorated crowns during the Princess Birthday Brunch and Kelly insisted on having that on most of the day as well.  She had, after all, spent over 30 minutes meticulously decorating and strategically placing stickers on it after everyone had left.  That night was chicken pockets for dinner per Kelly's request and then some family friends (Lintons and Kellys) joined us to sing and eat cake.  It was a perfect day!

 Ev, Max, Kynnedy, Jocelyn, Kelly, Reyes, and Eliza
























I just have to add a little note about Max.  He is such a sweet brother.  He was SO excited for each birthday, especially to help with Kelly's Princess Brunch.  He insisted on a bow tie so that he could be a server and he was so happy for her all day.  When I was doing her hair that morning, Max was walking by the bathroom, looked in and gasped and then said, "She looks SO beautiful!"  And during the Freeze Dance game (for which I was playing some rockin' tunes) I looked in to see Max and Kelly slow dancing with each other. :)  Then Reyes took her turn slow dancing with the Prince of the party.  I love those kids of mine.  A whole heapin' lot.

Happy Birthday, indeed!  Now on to the BIRTH of Babe Foster #4.

No comments: