Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Our last day as a family of 5

It was really bizarre to be induced and to KNOW that Friday was the last day we would spend together before Tucker entered the world.  Bizarre, but there were some great things about it.  I woke up and got all of the last-minute cleaning and organizing done that I wanted to do.  Then we headed out for the park because it was a gorgeous, sunny day.  We took a lunch and had the whole place to ourselves.  I took videos of the kids and we talked about Tucker being born and loved our time together.  It was shorter than I'd hoped because I took too long with my other projects in the morning, but it was still really great.














Then Max and I dropped the rest of the family off at home and I went to school to volunteer in his class.  I'd planned to just stay for about an hour (hadn't eaten lunch and I wanted to get stuff together for the hospital and such), but ended up staying the whole time.  It was so fun!  I read with several of the kids in class and got to help Max with some of the assignments.  Every time I looked over at Max he would blow me a kiss.  My goodness, I am so lucky to be his mom.  He LOVES having me in the classroom.  I'm sure he'll feel the same when he's 17, right?

We came home and I got busy with a few more projects.  I was supposed to call Labor and Delivery at 5:00 to see if I could come in at 7:00 and for some reason I was TENSE about making the phone call.  Ty took Max to his first t-ball practice and I called in at 5:00.  No go.  "Call back at 7:30."  I cried.  Ty said we should go out to dinner as a family when they got home from practice and I readily agreed.  Red Robin had a long wait, so we headed over to Taco Time.  I really, really, really dig my little family.  I love spending time with them.  It was about time to call Labor and Delivery again when we were on our way home, so I did.  No go.  "Call back at 9:00."  More tears?  I don't remember, but probably.

We decided to come home and watch our Netflix movie Muppets from Space.  Ty popped popcorn and about 5 minutes into the movie I had two kids on my nonexistent lap and one snuggled up against me on the left.  About 10 minutes before the movie ended it was time to call in again.  This time, no anxiety.  It will be what it will be and this baby will be born sometime this weekend.  "I was just looking for your number, come on in."

We called our wonderful friend, Jessica, who had so kindly volunteered to stay with the kids and told her we were a go.  Then we tucked the kids in bed, promising a new baby brother the next day.  I would say that we had a GREAT last day as a family of 5.

4 comments:

Betsy B. said...

What a wonderful mother you are! I'm so glad to know you and I can't wait to meet Tucker!

Brenda said...

What a special day to celebrate five before moving on to six. I love all of you for individual reasons. xoxoxoxoxoxo I think that is six:)

val said...

A family of five sounds like a lot...and now you're a family of six! Loved your recap of your last day before baby came. You look so cute in that photo!

Madsen Family said...

It is kind of crazy KNOWING the baby will be coming. And what a good way to end it. Sounds like a great day to me, too. Now I need some photos of that little Tucker. Can't wait.