Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Husby Built a Deck

I married a handy man who happens to be an educated engineer who also happens to be quite frugal. He can fix or build anything if he takes the time to research/think it out, and generally he does because, as I said, the man is frugal. He has saved us many a penny over the last 5 years. We wanted a new deck because the last one had a huge railing that cut it off from the rest of the yard, making our already small backyard feel much smaller. So he took to tearing down the old and building a new (with the help of a knowledgeable guy from our ward). This is the result...pretty sweet, no?
The kids are lovin' it and as soon as the new grass we planted grows in, they will have free rein back there. They were lookin' so cute sitting on the deck after church, sharing some strawberry Mentos, that I had to take a few pictures... (after the first picture, Max kicked up his modeling skillz for a few sweet shots - please ignore the eye gooby in his left eye...if you can)
just been stabbed in the heart
feigned sadness
Kelly hasn't caught on to the crazy posing just yet
don't you want to squish her cheeks and kiss her little face?!
maybe it's just me...
proof that little sister smiles (love that nose wrinkle)
Just for fun, and just because I love those of you who read my blog, I thought I'd throw in a few pictures of the Ev Man. Man, is he a lover! He makes us laugh (he's lovin' the discovery of his tongue these days) and melts my heart. Oh, and he laughed for the first time last night...almost brought me to (happy) tears.

7 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

I'm just going to put it out there. I am so jealous that your husband is a handyman. My husband is not and sometimes I have to admit it really bums me. But... he is wonderful in many other ways.
I LOVE your deck. It's gorgeous, as are your adorable children. :)

Unknown said...

It looks AWESOME!! Good Job Ty! But I will admit. your kids were more fun to look at! ;)

LV said...

Danalin I'm always reading your updates but not always leaving you a message:) Your little ones are so stinkin' cute. I think my favorite thing to read is when you quote them. Love their little minds. Tell Ty the deck looks fabulous!

Lots of love,
Lyndi

Joe and Toni said...

Love your pictures. Tell Tyler he did a fantastic job, again! Darling babies!

Madsen Family said...

IM-PRESSIVE, Ty! I am so very impressed...I keep begging Josh to build us a deck and though he is also frugal, handy AND an engineer, he is also lazy. Just kidding. He is just busy, though so is Tyler. I guess he just needs some help from Ty. You guys want to come out for a weekend? That'd be great! And thank you, thank you for the cute photos of your darling kids! They are adorable!

Beth said...

WOOOOOWWWW-ZAH! Great job Ty! Completely impressed. Couldn't even see Max's eye goop, but totally understand how you would. I am the same! Kelly is absolutely scrumptious, and I'm sure will catch on to the whole "working the camera" before you know it. Everett? Darling.

Anonymous said...

isn't having a handy husband the best??:) i love kelly's dress!