Thursday, April 01, 2010

goodbye March - you were good to us!

March had something I loved very much - a week off of school for my man. His quarter ended and he had an entire week where he got to come home after work and hang out with us. We got excited about this every single day, including the days that he normally would have come home anyway. I have two little people (well, three, but the third can't really express it yet) who LOVE their daddy. He's a full-blown celebrity around here.
He usually has kids hanging all over him while he's around.
I think he likes it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of my two little people...they had a troublemaker day a few days ago. First of all, while I was nursing Everett I heard them playing somewhere but when I was done nursing I went to look for them and couldn't find them anywhere - bedrooms, closets, bathrooms. I finally opened the door to the garage and there they were, sitting in their car seats on the ground (we'd taken them out of the van for Ty to pick up my new-to-me-treadmill!), graham crackers they'd secretly swiped in hand, pretending to watch Blue's Clues on a pretend TV. Then later on I was looking for them and realized the noise was coming from the laundry room...only to find that the noise was coming from inside of the dryer. Not safe, I know. Don't turn me in.
Shortly after that I was cleaning the huge mess they'd made of Everett's clothes a few days before and when I came out of his room I saw them in Everett's bassinet in my room. "It's our boat, mom!"
These are the kinds of "problems" I wish I could deal with their whole lives. Someday I'm sure I'll wish that my biggest worry is them climbing inside a large home appliance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to include a few Kelly the Photog pictures. I love downloading my pictures because I always find surprise pictures on there from her. Like I've said before, they're usually of her toes, but every now and again we get some keepers (trust me, I've kept my fair share of her tiny, chubby toe shots as well). "Mom, say: Cheese Hot Cocoa!" As you can see, I never expect these pictures to turn out...and in my defense, I don't get ready until after I get my kids ready for the day. Which is what's happening in this picture - I'm doing the little lady's hair.
Love these little fingers!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little Dude is 2 months!
We went to the doc today where shots were administered. :( He charmed our pediatrician (even after she woke him up and poked and prodded for a bit) with his smiles and cooing. Oh, that little man of mine! 11 lbs 12 oz, 23 inches of baby goodness. SUCH a good babe. Last night he slept 10 hours. That's what I'm talkin' about!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday instead of my normal run, it was sunny out and I wanted to take the kids with me over to the track since it's spring break for the schools. Our family has many-a-fond-memory at the track. My trick so that I can keep running while they "run" with me is to have them run across the grassy football field and race me to other side while I run the track and meet them there. That way I don't have to slow down to meet their stride. I know, I'm a mom genius. Well, I've been saddened because our jogging stroller is a two-kiddo and now we're a three-kiddo family. But yesterday I thought I would try to fit them all in since the jog to the school isn't super long. It worked! They all seemed comfy enough - no complaints - and I think that the tight fit made it safer for the smallest dude? They look so cute all smooshed in there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We're looking forward to a pretty chill April - lots of running for me and hopefully good weather for outside play. My tulips and the buds on our trees are about ready to burst...makes my heart want to sing! It's spring!

1 comment:

carly said...

hey dana! another great post! i SO love seeing pics of your kiddos! the third picture of your hubby with all three kids at his laptop is a common scene at our house! and 10 hours of sleep?! man, let me just say that i am JEALOUS! benj is our worst sleeper yet!
p.s. when is your raglan race? i just realized i never responded to you about that. i'm sure you guys are all full now anyways?