Monday, April 05, 2010

happy

We hope you had a super HAPPY Easter!
There's a small town just north of us called Poulsbo; it has Norwegian roots. A group called The Sons of Norway put on an egg hunt every year. We go for the pictures of, and with, the vikings. It was SO cold, but so worth it for our little man.
This was Kelly's reaction to Mr. Viking
(notice we have no shots of her picking up easter eggs - it's 'cause she wouldn't, they were too close to Viking Man. we threw a few in there for her)
This is how Max felt about Mr. Viking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

E.B. came to our house (anyone else feel this is a strange tradition - a bunny bringing eggs and baskets filled with goodies?)...sugar high shortly followed.
Dying of the eggs...I love having so many hardboiled eggs in the house to eat!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------


This little woman, the one on the left with the silly smile, is a tiny bod of cuteness. Except when she's a tiny ball of stubbornness, or when she's screaming in defiance. Well, even then she's a tiny bod of cuteness. She repeats E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. that Max says (bless his patient little heart). I love getting her one-on-one because she has so much to say and has so many fun thoughts swimming around in that mind of hers. Sister loves to talk! I don't know where she gets it from. And her voice is somethin' else. I was talking to my mom and sister about it yesterday and I said that I hope it grows up with her. If not, though, she'll always have a job at Disneyland. Or she could do cartoon voices. :) She makes Max belly laugh often. So much joy in that tiny bod.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo courtesy Big Sis

Little Dude is out of the bassinet in our room and in a crib in his room now. I got teary-eyed the first time I put him down in there. These little people grow much too fast for my liking. Since he's mostly sleeping through the night I figure I can overcome the laziness and walk down the hall if I need to. Man, is he cute! And good! I really thought I was in for it since my other two babes were good...but he's the best of the bunch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture courtesy Kelly the Photog
"I'm going to take a picture of my brother. Hey! Brother! Show me a HAPPY face!"

Max: When I'm a dad, I'll still be my Daddy's son

Me: That's right

Max: And when I'm a grandpa, I'll still be my Daddy's son

Me: Yep

(short pause)

Max: But I'll NEVER be a mom

Right-O

7 comments:

val said...

k i'm totally scared of those vikings and i'm totally laughing at the photo of kelly coloring eggs. great photo.

Tristan said...

I was blog hopping and I came across your blog. Your family is adorable! I haven't seen you in years so it was fun to catch up with you online! :) You look great and you are doing an awesome job raising your kids. Keep up the good work super mom!

Emily Youngdell said...

I agree. I probably would have run away crying if that viking was by me too. That is a really cute tradition thought.
I love the first picture of Kelly. What an adorable smile.

Dax and Steph said...

You have cute kids! I can't believe Everett is sleeping through the night...I'm kind of jealous. Chloe actually does pretty well though...it's Ryan we can't figure out :P Oh and I thought it was funny as I looked through your pictures I noticed that Ryan and Max have a lot of the same clothes. (Ok just the polo and the jammies but still kind of funny.)

Anonymous said...

wow, those vikings are awesome.:) so is the picture of kelly at the top. her eyes and eyelashes are something else!

janet said...

This is the first year Ben knows the Easter Bunny is mom and dad. This past week (when his brothers weren't around) he said over and over "I can't BELIEVE I thought a RABBIT came into our house!!!" such an odd tradition.

Madsen Family said...

I can't believe how lucky you are to not only have three darling kids but also to have three GOOD kids. Everett sleeping through the night already? What a dream. And what a cute, happy family you have! Love the Easter Celebrating!