Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A few of my favorite things (in no particular order)

Tillamook anything. I love, love, love Tillamook cheese. It's a little more expensive, but completely worth it. Look for it in your local grocery store. Also check out your store for Tillamook yogurt and ice cream. You'll be glad you did (if you find it, if not then you'll be sad and I will feel sad for you).
-------------------------------------------------------------------
That I get to cuddle and kiss Tyler every night. I love him.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Blue (Bleu?) Cheese. I have a small container of it in my fridge and I just want to take it out and eat the whole thing. Nope, not on a salad or a burger or a steak. Just the cheese itself. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I can't get enough. *and, really, which is it? Blue or Bleu? I've seen it both ways on different packaging. Bleu sounds much fancier.*
---------------------------------------------------------------
Kelly has started to say her prayers (i.e. repeat the last few words in each sentence we whisper to her). She thinks that means she should do that for every prayer, even if the prayer giver doesn't know that she'll be repeating them. My favorite thing is that this has resulted in Max unintentionally "helping" Kelly with many prayers. It makes Max feel pretty big. He loves it and so do I.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Max teaching Kelly new words. Especially when we're in the car. Max will say, "Mom, listen to this word. Kelly, say...." and she'll repeat as many words as he asks her to.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We went to the mall on Monday night. We walked by several stores to get to Mrs. Fields for an overpriced chocolate chip cookie (seriously? $1.64 for one cookie?!). One of those stores was Victoria's Secret. Max looked and said, "Hey! Let's go in that pink store!" :) Not today or any day with your mother present, little man. I can just imagine the very loud, entertaining conversation I would have in that store with my curious son...I'll pass, brother.
------------------------------------------------------------
My baby maniac daughter. She's a baby doll lover (mauler?). I can't forget to throw one in the car when we're running errands or it can result in weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth (NOT my favorite). A baby often squishes in her high chair with her and is force-fed pancakes, waffles and the like. I love to listen to her conversations with them. Except the other day when she came and told me that her baby was "in trouble". That's what I tell Kelly when Max is throwing a fit on time-out and she's super worried about her sad brother, "He's okay, Kelly, he's just in trouble right now." But it's okay for her babies to be "in trouble" sometimes, right? Maybe I should use a different phrase.
--------------------------------------------------------------
The other day Kelly got really upset about something (can't remember what?) and started to go a little crazy with the tears. Oh, the drama! She went away and hid herself in the curtains, still crying. She had been playing with Max and I on the floor. Max watched her walk away and then said, "I'll go talk to her." He went over and gently leaned down until they were eye level and in his sweetest of voices let her know everything was okay and there was nothing to be sad about. After just a minute of his sweet talkin' she happily followed him back to play. Oh, my sweet boy! He also takes her shoes off when we get home and puts them away in the closet. She loves that, as does this pregnant momma since it saves me from bending over. Kelly will come in the door, plop herself on the step where they sit to take shoes off, stick her foot out to Max, and say "Shoes!" with a big smile on her face. They are such good friends (almost) all the time.
---------------------------------------------------------------
My phone-loving daughter. Everything is a phone and she's always calling either "Jack" (her cousin) or "Dad". She repeats over and over again, "Oh, I know. Yeah, I know." I need to listen to myself next time I'm on the phone; I must say that a lot?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Fall. Yep, I got over my sad fall feelings and am in love with the season once again. Tomorrow we'll decorate for Halloween. The trip to the pumpkin patch is on the calendar. I'm going to be picking apples from our tree soon and making applesauce. Apple cider is sounding mighty good tonight. I love the nip in the air and how Kelly's voice sounds saying, "It's told (cold)!" every time we go outside.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun post! and i am totally with you on the tilamook thing! sharp cheddar tilamook, the BEST. and ice cream?! i don't think i can ever go back to another kind. the mountain huckleberry is SO good, and i am so not a fruit flavored ice cream kind of girl! :)

val said...

i just had some tilamook cheese at my sisters the other day and i couldn't stop slicing me another piece, and another piece...it was so good. why are you and my sister holding out on me until now? sheesh.
and kelly can NOT be that grown up to say all these things...she just can't be. she's suppose to be a baby...well until your next one gets here. i can't believe how fast she's grown. what a cutie.

Carrie said...

Oh that Max just melts my heart. Tears in my eyes as I picture him helping his sis with her shoes.

Emily Youngdell said...

Mmmmm, note to self: Buy Tilamook cheese. I love to hear good tips like that. I have been curious about bleu cheese. I have never bought it before, but I love it at restaurants. I think I will try it just because I trust your opinion. You wouldn't lead me astray... :) ♥ ya.

Emily Youngdell said...

Oh, and one more thing... my husband is always begging me to go into the pink store too. :)

Jamie Claire said...

I totally agree that Tillamook is the greatest-- I sometimes wonder how cheeses can tastes so different and all be from milk, good cows bad cows what is it ? Anyways--- your babies are too sweet. Max consoling Kelly and Kelly saying prayers, be still my heart.Can you live just a bit closer por favor?

Joe and Toni said...

bleu, it is French, but since you're American blue will do too.
Toni Venema Goates