Tuesday, October 13, 2009

From the Mouth of Max

*latest self-portrait session*

Last night I was playing a game called Don't Spill The Beans with the kids. The point is to put as many beans as possible on top of the tipping bean man. Kelly, however, hasn't gotten that yet. The purpose for her is to put a few beans and then tip it over for the "Oh no!" reaction she's sure to get. After a few times, Max said, "Kelly, it's called 'DON'T Spill The Beans', but you think it's called 'YEAH Spill The Beans'!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sitting with his educational laptop toy computer, "I have to check and see if BYU won. Oh no, Oklahoma won! Go cougars! B-Y-U! B-Y-U! B-Y-U!"
------------------------------------------------------------------
Max was watching me get ready; I had half of my makeup done and my hair was still wet. Max often tells me I look beautiful and he started to say just that, but then looked at me and stopped. "Well, you almost look beautiful, Mom. Almost. You'll look beautiful in a few minutes."
----------------------------------------------------------------
We just got back from a WONDERFUL trip to Colorado with Ty's family that I will blog about later. This morning Max said, "I wish we could turn Colorado into Washington and then Maggie (Ty's mom) could live at our house."
*Max learned how to write his name - good job, little dude!*

4 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

Haha! Too funny :) Such a cute kid, the kids can't wait to see Max and Kelly!!

J.D. and Gina said...

That is too funny! I loved getting a good laugh this afternoon. What a cute little man Danalin! Hope your feeling well! Just 3 1/2 weeks away for this BIG preggy mama. Love you!

Unknown said...

Oh I MISS you guys!!!!! He is so FUNNY! Good Job on writing your own name little dude! Love you guys!

Dax and Steph said...

Kids always say the funniest things...I love it! The recipe for those cookies is just a spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin, and chocolate chips. I've never actually seen a recipe for them so I just put in as many chocolate chips as I want. A whole bag makes them pretty chocolaty. Then I bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, but just watch until they look done. Sorry it's so vague. I have always just thrown them together and just watched for them to be done. Good luck!