Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A Father's Curse or Prophecy?

A month ago when I was in Vegas I was talking to my Dad about my ultrasound appointment. He was joking with me and said, "I bet you won't be able to find out what it is." I said, "Whatever, Dad." He just likes to get my goat and I wasn't falling for it. However, since then I've thought several times, 'Maybe we won't be able to find out...that would drive me crazy!'

So last night I'm talking to my dad on the phone and tell him that today is my ultrasound appointment and then I tell him that I've thought several times about what he said about not being able to find out the gender and it has me a little worried. He likes that. So he steps it up and says, "I bet there will be a power outage or something. Or the person will be in a hurry to go out on a smoke break and won't take time to tell you what it is." I told him, "Okay, Dad, stop. That's enough! You're so mean." Just what he wanted, to get me riled. He laughed, I laughed and we went on to talk about something else.

Today my appointment was at 12:45. I ran errands with the kids this morning, got Max all hyped to see the baby on the ultrasound, came home to feed them lunch and got a phone call just as I walked in the door. "Hi, Danalin, this is Tamara from Group Health Ultrasound. Ummm...our ultrasound machine broke this morning. I'm really sorry. I'm going to have to reschedule your appointment." *Which will now be this Friday at 2:30 p.m.*

My second phone call, after I called Ty to make sure he didn't leave work, was to my dad's cell phone. I left a message and told him that I held him completely responsible. Tonight when he called back I asked, "What do you have to say for yourself?" He said, "I'd say that I'm pretty prophetic."

You be the judge. :)

3 comments:

Mommy said...

But you already have one of each and all the boy/girl stuff to go with so you're all set either way! (And it is pretty funny that your dad was right! :) Just have some names ready of each gender and you'll be all set when the baby finally comes!

Shawna said...

That's pretty funny. The suspense will continue!

Monique said...

Your dad is quite the stinker isn't he, lol. Glad you know now, congrats.