Saturday, March 07, 2009

The Haps

Dana, why haven't you blogged in a while? Why did I have to look at that picture of you ready to pop for so long? Well, since you asked...

I've been doing a whole lotta normal, daily duties and just haven't made blogging time. Things like chasing after two very cute little people and posing for my personal photographer, Maxwell, whilst performing said duties.


I threw a fun baby shower for my friend, Jennifer, who is due at the end of the month with her first babe, a boy. I love throwing parties! I love my friends.
Also, I started school! Hooray! Like I said before it's online through BYU-Idaho. It's not a hard course, but it has taken up a lot of nap time which is usually blogging time.Plus we're in the middle of laying new flooring in the downstairs bathroom/laundry room and kitchen AND refinishing our kitchen cabinets.

So that's why, okay?!But here's a little bit of catching up:

I came downstairs last week and found Max and his best friend, Reyes, like this:"Mom, we're astronauts and this is our rocket ship. We're going to blast off! 3-2-1..." They were laying super still, buckets firmly in place on their heads. Reyes is so patient with Max and laid there just like he told her to and for as long as he told her to. We love, love, love Reyes. She is our beautiful little next-door-neighbor and Max's favorite person, aside from his Momma, Dad, and sister, of course. :) They get along beautifully and squeal everytime they see each other. Oh, I need to document that about a month ago Marcela, Reyes' mom, went to pick Reyes up from nursery and found Max and Reyes slow dancing - his hands on her hips, her hands around his neck. Then he tenderly fixed her headband. The nursery leaders said that they had been doing that for the past half-hour. What?! I wish I could have seen it. Another thing I want to document. Max played with my debit card recently and can't remember where he put it. I was getting frustrated, trying to get him to remember and then I thought, "This can be a good teaching moment." So I had him kneel down and pray with me to ask Heavenly Father to help us find the debit card. We finished the prayer and I said, "Okay, Max, now we need to look for it again." He said, "No, Mom, Heavenly Father will find it. He's going to find it for us." He turned around and went to play with some toys, fully confident in Heavenly Father's ability to find our missing card. Next lesson on the agenda - 'faith without works is dead'.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Our little love, Kelly Anne, had a fun birthday shindig. We had a few friends over to celebrate our babe. We were trying to think of a theme and asked ourselves, "What does Kelly love to do?" The answer? "Dance!" So our friends were invited to party like a rock star at Club Kelly where we had a little dance party, some pizza and, of course, cake. I don't know what it is about my kids, but they are so not into the eating cake business. Max finally ate some cake when I gave him a fork at his first birthday party. Kelly was even less enthusiastic. The pictures totally look like she dug in, but the frosting on her face is because I tried putting her hand in the cake and then she patted the frosting on her mouth - not IN, but ON.She was super cute while we opened presents - everything she opened got a big, exaggerated "Ohhhh!" noise and expression. I think that everyone felt the love as she opened their gift.
One of my favorite things about the first birthday is the babe being able to turn around in their car seat. Kelly's new seat came in the mail 6 days after her birthday and I was super anxious to get her in it. I LOVE being able to look in the rear view mirror and see her face. It makes my heart happy. Even now, thinking about it, makes me smile and feel the joy. It makes her seem so big! She kept pointing at the fabric between her legs, saying "Ohhhhh!" I think she's a fan as well.The girl is not a walker yet, but not super far off. She has a little "in-toeing", as the doc calls it, and I think that it's hard for her to get her balance.

1-year-stats:
20 lb 8 oz - 38.26%
30" long - 76.27%
47 cm head circ - 92.38% (true Foster fashion)

Kelly Anne Foster:
loves giving kisses
hugs & kisses her brother as soon as she sees him in the morning
has three signature dance moves *side-to-side, one arm waving, weaving back-and-forth*
is a great eater - favorites are goldfish crackers, pears...well, anything, really
has started standing on her own from a sitting position
gets the cutest twinkle in her eye when she's about to do something she knows we'll clap for
is a pretty chill babe who is happy and consoled easily
has the coolest hair, which can also be rather unruly
gets comments ALL the time about her beautiful eyes and amazing eyelashes
gets silent when she's faced with a new situation - just stares and takes it all in
has been a pro on going down the stairs solo for about 2 months now, Miss Independent
signs: eat, milk, please, all done, bird, dog
has the best chubba thighs that I love to squish
just accidentally shut the door to Max's room where she's playing and wants me to rescue her...

10 comments:

Shawna said...

It sounds like you have been way busy.
The slow dance is so adorable! Little kids are so sweet. And that picture of the rocketeers is great!
I love the themed birthday. That picture of her "Ohhh!" face is my fav. It's so nice to be appreciated.
And how fun to turn the carseat around. I'm really looking forward to being able to do that. She looks so big in that seat!

Ann said...

Good to have you back! Your kids are looking darling. Congratulations on starting school again! You can do it!

Madsen Family said...

Yeah for first b-days!!!! Love the Rock Star idea. Kelly and Will weigh exactly the same amount at one year (but she's taller than he....). I guess it's fate, like I've said before. They better hook up! I cannot believe our babies are growing up so fast. Love all the b-day photos and congrats on going back to school....Good luck with that:)

Emily Youngdell said...

Cute pics! Sounds like you have been busy and having fun lately. I can't believe Kelly is one! Time goes by too fast, huh.

The Nicks Family said...

Love all the pics of your cute kids :) Sounds like they are doing good. I LOVE that Max was slow dancing, that is so cute!! Love ya!

The Nicks Family said...

Love all the pics of your cute kids :) Sounds like they are doing good. I LOVE that Max was slow dancing, that is so cute!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I love you Kelly and Max! Those pictures make me happy!

Tribe Family Happenings said...

I had to leave a comment about Kelly's 1st birthday stats !! so fun !! and I just loved Max the astronaut. With the bucket hats !! ha ha !! priceless !!


bunches of love
Aunt Jan

Bonny said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT! ALL of it!!

janet said...

so it's been THAT long since I've visited your blog. Lots to catch up on!

I am so impressed you've started school again. You can do it, you can do it!

and I am so glad you love your friends there. You are such a great friend/party thrower!

love you!