Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ONE-derful!

Last year on this very day I looked a little something like this. My water broke at 5:00 a.m. and Kelly Anne Foster was in my arms at 10:53 a.m. Can any mom write something like that without tears? Not this mom, especially not today. My world was forever changed in the best possible way. No longer a mom of one, now I had a perfect baby girl to add to the mix. What did I know about raising a girl or raising two kids? Nothing. I remember feeling nervous about that. Oh, my baby girl! I love you more than you can know right now. Thanks for peeing out of your diaper at almost exactly 5:00 a.m. so that I could rock you back to sleep and think about all of the joy of the past year with you in my life. That was a perfect gift to your momma on this very happy day!

All I could think while I was holding you this morning, was
"How in the world did this beautiful tiny lady.......turn into this much bigger *but still little* beautiful lady so quickly?!"Oh, Bo-Belly, I love you more than you know!
I am excited to keep watching & loving you as you grow. Happy, Happy Birthday!

12 comments:

janet said...

she's a beauty all right! Only HER momma would think waking up at 5 am was a blessing in disguise...

Happy birthday, little Kelly. That year just flew by, didn't it?

The Nicks Family said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!! I can't believe you are already ONE!!! Time flies!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday my cute Kelly!! You will have to wait a few more weeks to get your birthday hug, kiss and gift from me! I am so excited to see you little lady! I love you!

Anonymous said...

oh, i totally had tears in my eyes reading your post. i have been getting sentimental thinking of levi turning one soon as well. they grow up so fast. she is one cute little girl! :)

Mommy said...

Can't believe it's already been a year! Great pictures of Kelly. We may be able to visit you all pretty soon so CJ can have fun with both of them. :)

supermanns said...

Happy Birthday Kelly from your Mann cousins we will se you this summer

Bonny said...

Wow! Has it been a year already? That just seems so crazy to me. Little Kelly sure is a pretty little lady! And I'm lovin' the barrettes!! So ADORABLE!
Happy birthday miss Kelly!!

Beth said...

WOW-1 yr already!!! I can't believe it! I had a slight panic attach when I saw your first picture of you prego at the top. . . . until reality set in! She has the prettiest eyes AND those curls! Happy Bday Kelly!

val said...

wow. time flies. it really does. i cannot believe a year has gone by. what a little cutie she has become. happy day sweetness!

Kirsten said...

Happy birthday little Miss! Man they grow up fast, don't they???

Love ya bunches lady!

Shawna said...

Time really does fly by way too fast. That last picture of her as a tiny baby is adorable. Of course, so is the last picture of her as a big baby!
Having babies of your own is amazing, isn't it?

Angie said...

She sure is beautiful and that was such a sweet post! Happy belated birthday to Miss Kelly Anne! We wish we could see you guys more!