Monday, March 16, 2009

Dreamin'

I have a really fun weekend to post about...but for tonight I want to pose this question:

Does anyone else ask their spouse to apologize after they've had a really vivid dream in which the spouse has treated you badly or hurt you in some way? I do. And my husband doesn't like that I feel he needs to apologize for something he hasn't done and never would do. But the dreams are so real that I wake up with all of the hurt and anger that I would have had it actually happened. So I always call Ty at work and tell him about his regrettable actions and then just sit there, waiting for the apology I feel should come. He always incredulously says, "I'm not going to apologize for something I didn't do." It's kind of a joke and we both chuckle. "Okay, but tell me you love me and would never do that to me." He does and I am happy.

7 comments:

Beth said...

SO funny. I have a friend who really will be mad at her husband. Funny. Sometimes when Garrett and I may disagree on a subject, I tell him before he has a chance to stop me that I know he wants to apologize for disagreeing and I accept his apology. It has almost become a race to see who can accept the other's apology that was really never given in the first place. Just keeps things light and we can still laugh at or with each other even when really not wanting to laugh yet.

val said...

yeah it's crazy that some dreams can seem so real. i've woken up totally mad at matt before. ha.

Ann said...

I don't know that I've ever asked Brian to apologize after having had a dream like that, but I'm not sure I've ever apologized for treating HIM badly after having had a dream like that either.:)

Veeda said...

how funny, but yes!

Bonny said...

You crack me up Dana!!

Emily Youngdell said...

I had this exact thing happen last night. In my dream Jake was not being nice and when I woke up this morning I let him have it. You better believe he won't treat me that way in my dreams again. :)

janet said...

Dana... I do this ALL the time. No kidding, I know it's crazy, but Aaron and I have the same conversation every couple of weeks. It makes HIM mad that I am mad at him for something in my dream. But dreams are tricky because they trigger from SOMETHING-- so I believe they really do owe us apologies!