Saturday, September 29, 2007

Packs a Powerful Punch

So I felt the babe move for the first time kind of early - 15 weeks and 2 days. I thought maybe I was further along, but when the doc measured me and asked if I was sure about a certain date, he said that I seemed to be right where they thought I was. Hmph. Even a week earlier would be a happy thing for me. Anyway, the babe has become quite active and I can feel him/her move a lot during the day and sometimes the kicks are pretty hard for someone so little. I never even went through the fluttering movements this time - it was straight thumping from the get-go.

Last night Tyler and I were watching a movie and the baby was thumping all over the place. I told him that and he put his hand on my belly (because, as he says, he's the dad and he should be able to feel the kicking when I do :) ). Well, neither of us expected him to feel anything since I am just 18 weeks, but he felt two good thumps right in a row! We are both pretty amazed. This is so different from Max and so early in general. I go in for THE ultrasound two weeks from yesterday and I guess that should give us more info. But for now we just think this little one is pretty darn spirited and wants to make his/her presence known. Sound like anyone else you know?! :) Like mother, like child...

7 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

YAY for feeling him/her move! And that is so awesome that Tyler got to feel the kicks too. I love that feeling and it is one thing I totally miss about being pregnant, although I wouldn't trade Delaney for that :) I can't wait for you to have your ultrasound, that is so exciting!!! You are going to be so big and so cute pregnant when we get to see you next, I can't wait!! I love you!!!

Emily Youngdell said...

I loved feeling the baby kick until about the last trimester and then it just hurts! 18 weeks and already beating you up.. I can't believe you are going to find out so soon. That is so exciting! Love ya!

janet said...

sounds like you've got a slugger. Not to scare you or anything, but we felt Zack that early (Aaron included.) I was trying to prepare for an active baby because he didn't stop moving during my pregnancy, but I didn't have any idea he would be THIS crazy! Girl-- you are in trouble! no, you probably get a sweet little girl who is just practicing her tap dancing moves.

Unknown said...

Wow, that sounds just like Eli! I first felt him at 16 weeks, and then he really began using me for his personal kick boxing ring at about 18 weeks too! I am sure your little one is just excited to make his/her presence known and can't wait to meet you guys and Max! How fun! (except for the painful wallops of course!)

Madsen Family said...

Dana--I love feeling the baby move. It has been my favorite milestone thus far in pregnancy. It just reaffirms to me that I have life inside me and that fact still just awes me. It sounds as though your baby will be a boxer! Josh hasn't been able to feel the kicks yet because apparently my baby isn't as hyperactive as yours:) I can't wait to see what you're having (or me for that matter). I go in this morning. Wish me luck!

Wendi said...

Feeling your baby for the first time is one of the best events of pregnancy. I think I first felt Sy move at about 18 weeks, but it wasn't until 20 or 21 weeks that I began feeling him move on a regular basis. I do remember being pleasantly startled by some of his more powerful wallops, though -- oof! ;-) Anyway, best of luck with THE ultrasound -- I can't wait to hear the news!

Sandy said...

I loved feeling my babies move too except of course those not so fun power packed kicks! Bella wasn't as big of a mover inside but she's full of spunk now and Daniel was very active inside and has been a much calmer baby-for the most part. Can't wait to hear what you're having!