Wednesday, September 26, 2007

And so it begins...

Last week Max came up to me saying "football" (in a dramatic, gravelly, manly voice that Ty usually uses when he says the word), doing some sign that he apparently made up for this word. He continued to say it over and over. I got him a football, I acknowledged that he was saying football, but he still kept going. Finally, he goes over to the remote, pushes a button, looks up at me, says the word with the sign and the light bulb finally goes on. "Oh, you want to watch football?!" I ask. "Yes," he responds with an emphatic head nod and a big smile. Thank goodness for the NFL Channel and ESPN to appease my son who seems to want to watch football all of the time. This is especially surprising to me since we usually don't watch TV during the day and only for a short time in the evening when Max is awake, if at all. And when it is on he doesn't pay much attention to it. But he has watched some football and Sportscenter with his dad. When he has me turn it on, he usually watches for a second, says "Football!" several times and then gets down and plays. He still wants it on, though, in the background so that he can look up and say "Football!" whenever the heck he wants. I usually keep it on mute so that I'm not overloaded with this sport that I do like, but do not want to watch quite that much. So the sports obsession begins! I really thought I had a lot longer. It is super cute, though, so I'm not minding it. And after football comes basketball which is an even bigger draw for his dad, so we'll see if his son follows suit. The up-side for me is that I actually kind of know now what's going on with a few of the players on my Fantasy Football team. :)

Below are some recent pictures and a video that mostly family will enjoy - it's kind of long, but since we're so far away I thought that especially the grandparents would like to see him in action. Enjoy!

Coloring: the other most recent obsession. That, and horses.

A Sunday afternoon walk near our home. I don't know why we took the stroller! Max had so much fun running on the rocky road.


He ate the whole thing by himself. So cute to watch! (Max, not Ty...although I was proud of Ty for eating the whole thing by himself as well. :) )


10 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

Oh he is soo cute! How fun that he can share a love with Ty! I can't wait to see him at Christmas time, it will be so fun. YAY for learning and figuring out new things!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the video! It is so fun to hear his little voice!! Doesn't it just seem like they have SO much more to say than their little vocabularies allow! Oh, to get in their little heads. Eli and Max would have such fun together! Eli is a little fruit monger, too! He smacks his lips if you even say the word strawberry and he goes balistic if he sees them at the store and what torture it is to wait until they are home and washed!

I love all your fun pictures, Lady. Oh, and I guess I love you too ;-)

Unknown said...

Ok, are you sick of me? I forgot to mention how adorable Max's fascination with football is! Isn't it funny what makes them tick? Eli is still enthralled with dirt bikes. He has faithfully packed around his little dirt bike all week, refusing to be separated from it for meals, baths, and he even sleeps with it in his little hand. I wish we lived closer!!!

Emily Youngdell said...

I bet Ty is just loving that Max is already a sports fan! That is too cute.
Those corn pictures are so adorable. You tell Ty that he is such a big boy for finishing his corn!

janet said...

Good job, Ty... eating all your corn! You ARE the perfect man!

So cute about Max and football. Do you have pads his size?

cute post! I love lots of pictures.

Bonny said...

Football is a favorite in our house too! I am a HUGE football fanatic and Brandon is too. Mya even has a football that she likes to carry around the house.
I love that Max is into sports - so cute! And fun for Ty to have a little sports buddy!!
Your family walk video was cute too. I can't believe how big Max is and his talking is so good.
Love ya Miss D!!

Tankfos said...

Such nice hair on Max. Was that a middle part that I saw or maybe just 1/3 part. Whichever, the man has got a fine head of hair.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Dana--I just got caught up on your last few posts. They were all so good.
We really enjoyed having you guys stay with us. In fact, you were so helpful to me that I seriously wish you were still here! The dishes and counters were always clean! The kids had an extra Mom to read to them and play with them. It was great. Thanks for driving so far to see us.
I liked your post about Ty. You two make such a great couple. I really admire you both. :)
Max is so cute. He has grown so much. Loved the video. :)
Keep up the awesome posts! You are an inspiration to us all!

Wendi said...

Loved the video, and the photos were great too. Max is getting so big -- can't wait to see everyone again at T-day!

Sandy said...

You guys have such a cute family! I enjoy reading your posts and seeing all the fun things you have been doing. Both my kids love corn on the cob too! :)