Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Perfect Man

Unattainable, some may say. I would beg to differ. I am so lucky to have found the PERFECT man for me! I received my patriarchal blessing when I was 15 and it instructed me to pray for guidance toward the person I would marry daily! Yep, folks, every day since I was 15 I had been praying to be lead to the right person for me. That is, until I met Ty. When we met I knew pretty fast that this was it. The longer we are married and the more experiences that we share together make me love him even more and realize that he is so, so perfect.

We have such a great marriage and I think it would be even better if I were more like him. He is usually the first to either apologize or find something that he could have done better in a situation. He is so, so honest. So many times when he does or says something, I think of that quote from Job, "Until I die, I will not remove mine integrity from me." In a lot of relationships I think the woman is usually more sensitive to others and concerned with their happiness and welfare. Well, I thought I was a really kind person until I married Tyler Foster. :) He thinks of others so often and would drop anything to help anyone. Such a thoughtful person. Here's a recent example:

A young woman in our ward approached us and asked if she could possibly move in. Without going into too much detail...she has a not-so-fabulous home/family situation. Not horrible, just not great. Her parents moved about a half hour away and her mom wanted to home school her instead of sending her to the school she would now be zoned for. Well, her mom's version of home schooling would probably mean that she wouldn't graduate on time and maybe not at all. She's aware of that and so she wanted to improve her situation and her chances. She also wanted to stay at the school where she has been since she's in her junior year and has friends there. Okay, so I did go into too much detail. :) Anyway, I was mostly for it, but had some reservations. Not my husband. From the very beginning he saw the big picture: a young woman at a pivotal time in her life who needs the best chance to have a great future. He said several times (when I was airing my worries) that there may be a few inconveniences for us, but that helping her is much more important. I was so humbled by his unselfish, Christ-like attitude. He never made me feel bad for having concerns, but gently would help me see why it would be better for her. So she is living with us during the week and with her parents on the weekends and it's been great so far!

Tyler is also a super-involved, fun, caring dad. I love that he loves parenting as much as I do. He was ready to start trying for our second a few months earlier than I was. He doesn't get mad and just does such a great job of being a calm disciplinarian when our little man needs it. He also knows when I need a moment alone or out and does whatever he needs to do, after a full day of work, to make sure that I am happy. Ty loves to surprise me. There are tons of examples of this over the course of our courtship, engagement and marriage: the proposal itself, a birthday trip to Hawai'i and our Babymoon are among my favorites. Just recently when Max and I went to Las Vegas, Ty was working on some secret projects at home. I came home to an organized closet with new shelves that we had been wanting to put up forever (anyone who knows me well knows that I love organization!), new blinds for the two bedrooms and a few other little things. They were all things that had been bothering me and I wanted to get done. It was so fun to come home to, not only my wonderful husband after being away for 6 days, but also to such thoughtful projects done on the house!
He honors his priesthood, womanhood, his covenants. He is always thinking of ways to improve and is very teachable, while also being confident and steadfast. Tyler is very smart and loves to learn. He is a man of great passion who wants to make a difference in the world. I could go on and on; such a great man! I love him more all of the time. He makes me want to be my very best self and at the same time treats me like I am already amazing. Yep, I have the perfect husband - the perfect man for me. I feel so thankful be Tyler Michael Foster's wife! It's been a great ride so far and it seems to only get better...

8 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

Ty sounds like a such a wonderful husband and father. Isn't it great to be married to someone that is so totally pefect for you? (I feel exactly the same about Jake.. ) I'm so glad that you married someone that treats you so good and that you guys are so happy together.
That's so awesome that you guys opened up your home to that young woman in your ward. That is so kind and unselfish. I wonder if I would do the same? Hmmm, good question...
What a great family you guys are! Love ya Dana!

val said...

I seriously can't believe I've never met Ty in person. I feel like I know him so well. You guys are so great together. Sweet post Dana. Love ya.

Kristen said...

The Foster boys are all so amazing. I also feel so grateful to of found a wonderful match. I often feel like I need to be more like Drew.
Ty is a good man, and you two have a great relationship. You both are wonderful wonderful people:)

rachel said...

What a great guy. I love that you have someone so great. Husbands are awesome. I am also thinking you are so awesome for having that girl live with you. I love the young women.

janet said...

I really love Ty.. for you, that is. He is funny and knows it! I still crack up over his chipmunk story! That was such a funny night. I love that he knows you so well... it's really amazing to see you two so happy with such a crazy meeting! It was meant to be...

The Nicks Family said...

He definitely is the 'perfect man' for you! I am glad that you two found eachother and are so happy. I am also glad that my kids have a fun uncle that they get to look up to! We love your family so much!!

Unknown said...

Oh, that brought tears to my eyes (okay, I am a bit pregnant and more than a bit hormonal right now, but that was a really sweet tribute!) It makes me remember the long conversations we had in Vegas about you finding your mate and me telling you how absolutely wonderful marriage can be. I am so darn happy for you. Yes, I am crying again. I'd better go get a tissue.

Love ya Lady!

Goose said...

He's pretty cool I guess.