Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Kick in the Pants

Who knew that a little over 16 months ago I was delivering not just a little boy, but a little boy who is such a hoot?! In the following pictures you will see some funny things Max has done in the past 3 days, just to give you a flavor for his sense of humor...

1) He brought me a swim diaper and lifted his leg for me to put it on him. I asked if he wanted me to put it on even over his PJ's and he said "Zes!" with an emphatic head nod.

2) Max has had a little touch of something that brought some nastiness which lead to a BAD diaper rash. He never - well, rarely - gets diaper rash, and NEVER has he had it this bad. So I was having him hang out sans diaper for a while to let the air work its magic (this time we opted for the bathroom since the night before he'd left some gifts on the carpet). Anyway, he picked up his shorts and was trying his darnedest to get them to stay on his head. Finally he approached me with the shorts and demonstrated where he wanted them. Again I clarified what he was asking and again with the "Zes!" and an emphatic nod.


3) That night he put these two funny things together and brought me a swim diaper to put on his head. Again with the clarification and the super cute response. (I do the clarifications FOR the super cute response.)

4) Lately when Max wants me to pick him up, I grab his hands and say, "Okay, climb!" I bend my knees so that he can climb his way up to my arms. Well, sometimes we are a little silly and I keep lifting my arms so that he can climb even higher. Last night he settled with his feet on my shoulders and then plopped his bottom down. He thought it was really funny to be sitting like that and wanted to stay there for a long time. *Notice the really cute/crazy after-nap hair. His hair has some serious wave to it, bordering on all-out curl, and so after naps we get some funky 'dos.*


5) Another trick that really cracks him up is balancing food on the top of his sippy cup. Tyler and I will usually be talking when he does this trick and we know to look over when Max is holding his hands over his mouth and doing an exaggerated laugh. We all cheer, including the Maxster, and get a chuckle out of our little dude.

Now this is just a cute picture.... He loves to read and loves to sit in this chair in his room while he does it since this is where Mom and Dad sit to read to him before nap and bedtime.

Thanks for making life so fun, bud!

8 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Yeah for Max!! I can't believe how cute he is and that wavy/curly hair: adorable. And who would have thought putting things on one's head could be so entertaining? Somehow, I think if I did it, people would just think I was weird, not cute. Can't wait to see if you are having another boy Foster or girl Foster (do you know whe you get to find out)? Keep us posted!

The Nicks Family said...

Way too cute!! I can just picture him doing all of that. How fun when they get that they are funny. And figure things out to make you laugh. I love this stage!!

Sandy said...

Max is so cute and funny! I just love watching kids explore & learn new things! I Love to hear their cute little laughs too! I missed many of your new posts so it was fun to see all the fun things you guys have been up to! It was also fun to see pics of your family...I haven't seen most of them since our HS days! Nate & Jen's twins sure are cute!

janet said...

Yep, he's a silly man. I love his wavy nap hair! Don't let him cover it up with any more swim diapers. This age is my favorite, except for the mess part of it. Your guy seems to stay a little cleaner than mine. Want to trade?

Zobrist Family said...

Hey! Its Jamie (Lamph). Just thought I'd say hi!!

nickel... said...

I could read what you write all day! Granted your content is unbelievably cute but I really think i enjoy it so much because you describe it so darn well! :) You are the cutest Mom! Tonight at Enrichment we had a lady from the stake YM who has 7 (yes seven!) children come teach a class on organizing and she reminded me so much of you Dana! :) She was so friendly and silly and spiritual and genuinely happy. But still do down to earth and humble. I swear she was you in like 15 years (the only real difference I saw was the 5.5 kids you are behind her)! So Stake YW here you come (not that anyone would be surprised by this in the slightest!)

Emily Youngdell said...

Max is too cute. I love it when they want to dress themselves- always entertaining. Wouldn't life be boring without kids?

Bonny said...

I love it!! Max is such a funny little guy and so stinkin' cute!!
I love reading all your posts! You are such a great mom, wife and friend. I want to be just like you when I grow up! :)
Miss ya!!