Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Bucket List

I got a fabulous idea last year from my sister, Bethany, to do a summer bucket list.  Previous summers haven't held the importance of packing in tons of fun things because, well, our life was like one long summer.  Except for the sunshine and warmth. What I mean is, now that I have a young'in in school, summer time seems more sacred and I want to make the most of it.  Especially since the school system says that my firstborn needs to spend most of the day with them come September. So after we got back from our trips I sat down and put some ideas to paper, then gave the rest of the fam a chance to add to it. Plus we're adding in the weekly dollar movies at Regal Cinemas to our list of to-do's and we'll start meeting a group of friends at the park on Thursdays.  It's been fun!  And busy!  I'm tired!  But I'd be tired anyway so we might as well make the time I must be awake fun. I love sum-sum-summatime!

So far we have crossed off:


  •  Dinner at the park (Waterfront Park and Arby's to be precise)


  •  Make cookies and take them to teachers from church


  • Slurpees (Am I the only mom on the planet that didn't know July 11th was free Slurpee day?  Thanks to a tip from a friend, though, we made it.  Am I also the only mom on the planet whose children did not know what a Slurpee was?  That is now remedied, my friends.  And after having a Slurpee for the first time in years, I am wondering why in the world I don't get them more often.)


  •  Point No Point beach day (A little windy, but still super fun.  We went early and then Ty brought dinner and took the kids adventuring while Tuck and I headed back for a presidency meeting)










  • Puzzle Day (Several hours and 13 puzzles, some of them done over and over again...MUCH more fun than I was expecting) 


  • Kayak Trip with the Lintons (Perfect weather, not very crowded, wonderful company.  I loved this night!)





  • Family Camping (that gets it's own blog post)
  • Score one toy from the Dollar Store (Ev-Ninjas, Kelly-Rapunzel Hair, Max-Wrestling Guys)
Tuck-man is a trooper and goes along for the ride.  Dang, I love this fella!




3 comments:

Kristen said...

What a great idea! Everything looks like so much fun!

Betsy B. said...

I think my kids had their first slurpees this year too. Sean announced that we should make them at home all the time.

val said...

Awesome job on your list. Fun things too. Love the licking the spatulas pic.