Monday, July 30, 2012

Bucket List!

Let's see...what else have we crossed off?

  • Circus {seemed pretty ghetto when we got there, but there were some really cool acts - The Globe of Death! - and the kids LOVED it.}








  • Sew something with Mom {Okay, the boy's project involved no sewing (stuff batting into an old tie with a pencil, hot glue both ends once it's sufficiently stuffed, hot glue eyes and a tongue, and you're done!), but they loved it and they really love the end result. I had to get permission from Ty on which ties to use because he has some ties that are ugly and he never wears, but they evoke sentimental memories/feelings.  Who knew?  Not I. I love my sentimental man. But both ties I picked (and sent him a picture of at work) got the go-ahead.  We made Kelly a dress out of one of Tyler's dress shirts.  She ditched me mid-project, but it was taking longer than I had planned, and she did join me again toward the end.  I'd say both projects were a success!  By the way, Max and Kelly are total opposites with picture-taking...it's super hard to get Max to just smile without some bizarre/hilarious pose, but it's super hard to get Kelly to do some kind of pose besides a sweet smile}













  • Ev's date night with Mom {Tuck-Man joined us.  Ty was at the youth activity and Max and Kelly were at a birthday party.  We went to Island Lake Park with some dinner.  Brother did not stop talking the whole time.  He's such a hoot!  He kept saying over and over, "Goin' on a date!  On a date to the park!  Right, Mama?"  I just loved listening to all of his stories, his great imagination, and watching him play.  When he took a looong sip of his drink, I said, "Wow, you must be thirsty!"  He responded, "I can drink all WEEK!"  I LOVE one-on-one dates with the kids.}

 The Third Wheel {with a very cute tongue face}


  •  Lunch in the Park
  • Donuts in the Park {Same day as lunch...we got donuts from Sluy's Bakery in Poulsbo and then met the Morgensens at Pirate Park and made an afternoon of it.  Right on the Hood Canal.  It was hot and a perfect day for the water too. Loved it.}



  • Blanket Fort
  • Fire Night with the Lewis Family...and Tiltons too!  {This was the one Max was most excited about and it did not disappoint.  Yummy dinner, desserts, marshmallows, and fabulous company}
Oh, and it's not on the Bucket List, but we've been going to the $1 summer movies at the Regal Theater in Poulsbo and the kids insist on sitting on the front row every time. :)
 

No comments: