Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Fabulous 3 Years!

Kelly Anne Foster *Bo Belly, Bo Bell, Smelly Kelly, Kell Bo Bell, Daughter Dearest* came into our lives 3 years ago at 10:53 a.m. I didn't know how much I wanted a daughter until I had one. She is everything I imagined a little girl to be. She is full of life and emotion. She loves her brothers, dancing, dressing up, princesses, superheroes (particularly Scarlet Witch and Storm), snuggling with an animal at bedtime, snuggling with Mom and Dad anytime, playing with Max, coloring, squealing, singing, having her hair done, showing Dad how pretty she is, playing games on our iPhones, and being a mom to everyone.




I love how emotional she is (most of the time). She gets so excited and squeals over the simplest joys. This morning there was lots of squealing when she got a Supergirl shirt from Max and colorful socks from Everett. "Oh! THANK YOU, Max! THANK YOU, Everett! That is SO cute! Oh, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!" (yes, I did need that many exclamation points...trust me)


Her main request for the day is to have colorful milk each time she needs a drink, which consists of dropping food coloring into a cup of milk. This morning she exclaimed with surprise, "Yellow milk tastes just like regular milk!" She has asked each of us at different times to tell her Happy Birthday and when Max said it multiple times at once she insisted that he say it "just one time". (to my siblings and parents...is she my daughter or what?)


I will also be picking up pink tempura paint to write a birthday message on our sliding door like I did for Ev's birthday, because red and orange would never do for this pink-loving sista. In a little bit she and I will be venturing out on our date to pick out a new shirt and get our nails painted. Most of the festivities will be tomorrow since today is a non-Dad day. And she's requested that her party consist of "just our family." *I wrote this this morning...it's all been accomplished but I'll blog about that later...*


I love my little woman...oh so very much! Thanks for coming to our family, Kelly Anne! You light up our lives.

3 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kelly Anne!!! We love you and hope that your day was filled with so much fun!!

Dana she is so your daughter :)

Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

kelly, dauhter like mother. happy birthday . the smile that wins my heart.
love papa dan

Anonymous said...

dana, i cannot believe she is three! i remember looking at the picture of her laying in the bumbo, and it seems like yesterday! where is the time going?! what a sweet girl. :)