Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kelly's First Haircut

I'm sure you're thinking, "She must mean Everett's first haircut...Kelly's almost three." While Everett did get his first full-fledged haircut last week as well, this post IS about my girl's first experience under the scissors. Why did I wait so long? Good question, thanks for asking. I can't explain what it was because on a conscious level I wasn't overly attached to her hair. But maybe under the surface getting her haircut made her seem too grown-up? I don't really know why, I just wasn't ready for it. I noticed split-ends a few months ago, though, and decided it was time. I have a wonderful friend Jennifer who cuts my hair and has a salon in her home. I cut boy hair, but I don't dare do girl hair just yet, so off to Jennifer's we went!
Pre-cut

Such a Kelly face. This is when she wasn't sure about the whole thing...

...and this is about two seconds later :)


Jennifer wanted to do Kelly's hair fancy - she just had her first baby girl a few months ago so she likes the practice :)

Kelly loved the experience and couldn't wait to show her dad!

No comments: