Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Sister's Days

Kelly and I went on a date on her birthday. Just the two of us. We tried on shirts and dresses at Old Navy and danced in the dressing room. We got her fingernails painted (we were going to both get our nails done, but Kell was a little freaked out so I just had them paint her nails while she sat on my lap...we did this because I had a gift card and figured I may as well put it to use; I usually do the nail painting) and the lady wouldn't accept any payment because it was the little lady's birthday. So nice. We headed to Albertsons to pick out her cake flavor - chocolate - and some ice cream, plus a few birthday donuts since we weren't going to be able to do the cake until the next day when Ty would be home. Then I called my friend who was watching Max and Ev, found out things were going well, and decided to do lunch at Wendy's as well. It was so fun. I love spending solo time.



This was the little dress she chose...plus a blue and pink butterfly jacket that was on sale for $5.99. Good choice, Kelly!


drying her nails

I love this pose and how she is holding her chicken nugget and showing her newly painted nails

Later that afternoon we wrote her Happy Birthday message in tempura paint on the window and then she and Max spent over an hour painting the window. It was so fun to watch....and a great focused activity!
She wore her dress the rest of the day and all of the next...AND to church on Sunday. Don't ask if I washed it in between.


The next day Ty only had to go in to work for a few hours, so we did presents as soon as he got home and her cake and ice cream that night. It was SUPER fun to watch her open presents - she was so thrilled with each thing that she opened and would dramatically exclaim, "Oh, THANK YOU! It's so CUTE!" as she clutched it to her chest. Sister loved her birthday. We love this little woman. I wouldn't change a thing about her.



Oh, and sister has become a name-writing fool. She wrote a perfect H one day and was so pleased with herself, so she wanted to write all sorts of things. Girl catches on super quick and is very meticulous about getting each part of each letter just right...."Op!" and erases one line that went a little longer than she'd meant for it to.


Too fast, I say. They grow up too fast.

4 comments:

Betsy B. said...

She's got some amazing writing skills! Way to go Kelly!

Unknown said...

CUTE little lady! I love her so much & I'm so glad she had a great birthday! I love her new dress :)
Also, she writes SO GOOD! Seriously!

Shawna said...

Sounds like a great birthday! And she managed to stretch it out to two days, which is always fun.
Happy Birthday cute Kelly!

Rappster said...

Some great instant classic pictures in this blog. I like the one of Kelly throwing her hands in the air and kicking her foot out. Tons of fun! -Rapp