Tuesday, February 15, 2011

B-Day, V-Day, and Kelly-isms

Little dude had a birthday, which I mentioned, but I did not post anything about his little bash. We basically invited just a few people over, had some pizza, opened a few presents, and ate cake. I so love this little man. He is delightful and I am super lucky he's mine!

Ty took care of the cake and got the house ready (including decorations) while I was at a Zumba class that morning...I sure love that man!


Yeah, so most people decorate the cake for the baby all cute. Not us. Put the frosting we tried to make black for the wheels on top of some of the leftover cake and let him dig in. He's my first babe to dig in, actually. Not a ton, but a lot more than Max or Kelly. He's a good eater...and has the cheeks to prove it!

Max & Kelly's friends who came


If you want to kiss your computer screen right now, I totally understand. I just did.

Everett D is a lover. And we love him. Lots.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the text we sent out to some family for Valentine's Day. The kids LOVED having me write one their faces (for real). "Mom, can we play with it on for a little bit?" Kelly sobbed dramatically when it was time to wash it off, even though I did let them play with it on for a long bit.



Hope your V-Day was a sweet day! Ours was very fun and simple...lots of red food coloring in milk, heart-shaped food, making valentines for Dad, heart-attacking some of the kids in Primary, decorating cool cupcakes with Jennifer and her boys, and then we had a candlelit dinner of salmon (my first time cooking it...'twas a success!), garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli. I was going to have a romantic fondue dessert with the hubs after kids went down, but we were so stuffed from dinner and other treats people gave us that we decided to leave that for another romantic night. I like dragging things out anyway...we're throwing a Valentine's part-ay this weekend.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was a snowstorm back in January...I love this little woman's guts!

Today at lunch the kids were having a pizza that had sausage on it. Kelly asked me to help her "take the yucky stuff off." I told her that she used to LOVE sausage when she was younger (like, 1) and so she decided to give it a try. I turned and got more food for Everett and was paying attention to him for a bit when I remembered that she was trying the sausage, so I turned around and excitedly asked, "Kelly, did you like your sausage?!" She looked up at me with her giant blue eyes and then glanced sheepishly down at her plate where there was a big pile of sausage and then said, "Ummm...maybe later....(long pause)....when I'm 3." That's next week, sister. Get ready for some sausage!

--------------------------------------------

While I was making dinner tonight Kelly wanted to sit on the counter. I said, "Actually, I would love your help setting the table!" She super sweetly and happily responded, "TOMORROW!" The way she said it made me think she hadn't understood me, so I said, "What?" And she said again in the exact same tone, "TOMORROW!" So I said, "What about tomorrow?" "Tomorrow I will help you set the TABLE!" I'll take that over, "NO!" any day.

No comments: