Friday, January 02, 2009

You know your kids REALLY ARE great when...

...you get two offers at Church on Sunday for free babysitting. People who are not their blood relation really want to spend quality time with them. And I don't think it was for us to have a break, it was so that they could hang with my kids. So this morning Tyler and I went to the temple, which was a real treat. It's about a 5 1/2 hour deal since the temple is an hour and a half drive. It sounds like they were great! Except I did ask Max afterward if he used his manners and he responded, "Yes." I thought I'd dig a little deeper and said, "So you said 'please' and 'thank you'?" In a very serious, disappointed-in-himself voice he said, "No, I didn't. I didn't, Mom." I have a hard time believing that he didn't use his manners at all because the boy says "Thanks" constantly - "Max, you're such a good big brother", "Here's your lunch", handing him a toy, "You are so handsome, dude!"...all followed by his sweet gratitude, "Oh. Thanks." I told Shawna as we picked up the kids today, "I owe you one", but she quickly said, "No, I owe you one. Thanks for letting me have them over." Kelly also slept in Shawna's arms which was bonus (her kids are ages 11-21). Who doesn't love holding a sleeping baby? Good going, kiddos! Maybe these free babysitting offers will keep coming! I told Max that we missed him while we were gone and he said, "I missed you guys too." I love when he calls me and Tyler "guys". :) Tomorrow night our little ones are going to another friend's home while we treat ourselves to a nice dinner and maybe a movie. I feel very blessed to have such great friends and to have kids who behave well enough that people want to be around them! So it's not just me....

5 comments:

Bonny said...

NICE!! I love it when I get free babysitting offers too. Although I've never cashed in on mine - maybe I should try it!
Happy New Year Miss D! Love ya! :)

Shawna said...

Your kids are so sweet looking, it's hard to believe they could BE anything else. Glad you got to go do some couple stuff.

Marleen said...

You have some very cool friends to offer and do such things. Although, I can see how they just want to eat up your kids. They are so cute!

campblondie said...

Dates are wonderful arent' they?

Carrie said...

It's really no surprise that your kids are so dang great...look at who their parents are!!! Glad your enjoying a little time off as a couple.

And now on to the comment I've been meaning to leave you for WEEKS now. It seems I can click on a mouse with babe in arms, but typing a comment or two really requires two hands.

I really wanted to tell you how proud I am of you for accomplishing your marathon. I am ALWAYS impressed when someone sets their mind to something and they accomplish it, but I am SUPER impressed when it's something as huge as a marathon. The dedication and discipline this took is so very admirable. You are a balanced, well rounded woman who can conquer it all!!! Well done amazing lady!

And now I have to decide if I should hang a picture of the bathing suit I want to fit into or a picture of you running your marathon above my treadmill...both inspire me to move my legs!!!