Saturday, January 17, 2009

Funny drunk? I think maybe


Yesterday I had my wisdom teeth removed. I know what you're thinking, 'Isn't that what teenagers do?', 'Aren't you supposed to do that before your mission?' Yes, well, I didn't have dental insurance before my mission and it was going to cost $900.00 to get it done. I had to buy luggage and clothes and other things to get me ready to go; so I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to not make my teeth a problem for me while I was out and I would get them done later. They have bothered me off and on over the years and I was going to get them out at two different times since I've been married. But both times I became pregnant before I could get them out. The first time I found out I was expecting Max just three days before my scheduled appointment to get them yanked. Then I was scheduled for another consultation but had to cancel because I was pregnant with what turned out to be a miscarriage.

Anyway, so I FINALLY got around to it. I am without my wisdom teeth. Don't feel too bad for me since I only have two wisdom teeth, both on the bottom. Some members of my family didn't have any wisdom teeth. I know that you who had four removed at once are much more hard-core, okay?

I was pretty nervous yesterday morning since I've never been under anesthesia before. Okay, really nervous would be more accurate. I've never even had laughing gas. But I put on a brave face and went. It was great! They worked really fast once I got in the chair and within about 5 minutes I was out. I breathed in the stuff through my nose and said, "Whoa" as everything got fuzzy. Next thing I knew the nurse was smiling at me, sitting me up and putting me in a wheelchair. For the ride home and for a while after I got home and Ty settled me into bed, all I remember is laughing/giggling. Everything was funny. Ty had to steady me the whole walk in and I just couldn't stop laughing. I wonder what Max and the babysitter thought when we walked in the door? I remember Ty laughing a lot too.

I just have to mention again how much I love my husband! He's been such a good nurse...filling my ice packs and getting my medicine and making me scrambled eggs, jello, protein drinks. Last night he took the kids out to dinner and was gone for almost two and a half hours so that I could just relax. What a mighty good man I have! Hooray that these things are finally out!

7 comments:

Ann said...

Your husband sure does sound like a good guy. You've almost got me wishing I could have MY wisdom teeth taken out again. I love being taken care of!

Shawna said...

I haven't had my wisdom teeth out. I guess I should probably look into that...
I think that I'll probably react like you did: giggle my head off. That's what I do when I'm tired, anyway! Yay for your awesome husband. Glad the experience wasn't tragic for you.

Unknown said...

That is so funny Dana! I would have liked to of seen you giggling like a little school girl! At least you weren't turned on by everything like Beth was! :) I love ya and I am glad it went good!

Emily Youngdell said...

Man, I wish I could have seen this! Lucky, Ty! By the way, what a sweet husband. Ü I hope you are feeling better.

The Nicks Family said...

Thanks Adri :) Yeah, I think giggling is better than how I was, lol!! I am glad you only had 2, I had 4 and it was not fun! I hope you take it easy and recover quickly!!! Love ya!

Beth said...

SOOO funny! At least you know you react well to the anesthesia! It will be a happy time for you if you ever have anything in the future!

Derek and Tara Larsen said...

Smart planning getting them out before you get pregnant again! When I was 8 months pregnant with Brin one of mine got infected and I had to have it pulled! (the good news was the tooth fairy came and was quite generous! You should seriously try that!) I still need to get the other three out but postponed it and yes now I'm pregnant. Hope I don't have another problem. I'm glad it all seemed to go good for you! It would have been fun to see you all high on the anesthesia, ask Ty to take along a camcorder next time! :)