Sunday, December 28, 2008

You know it's important that you pick the right guy...

...when the patriarchal blessing you receive at age 15 tells you to pray daily for guidance toward the man that you are supposed to marry and gives warnings about many counterfeits. I had taken that instruction seriously and had offered several thousand such prayers before I met Tyler. I knew almost immediately that this was THE guy. And the way that we met (click to the left for story) left no room for doubt that this was so completely directed from above. I love being married. I love being married to this amazing man who continues to love, honor, serve, and amaze me. Today he sang his first solo in a sacrament meeting and knocked everyone's socks off. Full of surprises. He says that he likes to keep some mystery in our marriage so that I'll stick around. :) I could go on and on, but instead I want to go and romance this wonderful man of mine with candles and fondue since today is our 4th Anniversary! Enjoy looking at our cute mugs.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember when we came to visit you last year and I was impressed with how willing he was to serve anyone that needed help with something! I am so grateful that he takes care of my favorite oldest sister and my cute niece and nephew! I wish I could have been there to hear him sing, I bet it was beautiful! I love you guys so much!

janet said...

Happy Anniversary! I was thinking about you two yesterday (as well as Kelly and Dave.. as well as my husband :) What a special day Dec 28th is.

I think it's awesome that Ty sang a solo.. he's always got something up his sleeve doesn't he?

So glad you found the right guy. You went through a few losers to get him. jk.

Shawna said...

Okay, so I love that picture of the two of you and your ring. Adorable!
Tyler sounds like an amazing guy. Happy Anniversary!

campblondie said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are adorable. (alright that sounds sarcastic, but really I think you guys are adorable)

campblondie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.