Friday, January 23, 2009

Oh, happy day!


Today has been oh, so much better. I finally feel like I really am going to recover. I know it sounds dumb, but in the midst of that pain I really couldn't imagine that someday I was going to have a pain-free mouth and be able to eat normal again. Thanks for letting me vent yesterday - I so needed to do that. The edge is totally off of the pain today. Still on the soft foods and liquids, but I'm able to do foods with a little more substance now. Yesterday just felt like one day too long of feeling miserable and I'd had it. So I vented on the blog, cried through the second half of dinner when I couldn't eat, took a few minutes to recover by myself upstairs, hung with my sympathetic fam, put the kids down and ate almost an entire box of chocolate pudding all by myself while Ty was reffing. Just the ticket.

All week we'd been holed up in the house and today I felt good enough to go to the library, the mall (even shared a soft pretzel without salt from Pretzel Time with my kids...so soft and yummy!) where I spent my Bath & Body Works gift card from Mickey & Margaret, and then finished off the morning at Costco. I have make-up on and am wearing a shirt that makes me feel cute. I stepped on the scale this morning and it looks like I lost the few pounds that I'd put on since finishing my marathon and being rather stagnant *that's a story for another day*. Thought about how great my husband is and about how he stayed home from work on Tuesday to care for his ailing wife who could barely keep her head up all day from her vicious cold. Played with my kids and realized that they really aren't whiny when I'm feeling good and can play with them and make them laugh. Such a good day. And it's only 2:00 p.m.

Life is better. Sorry about the pity party for one. Thanks for the words of love.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for feeling better! Love ya!

Beth said...

Ok, so I read this post, then had to go back and read your previous "miserable" post to catch up. It's nice to know you are half human, because you are always so darn positive and optimistic! I loved your picture at the top with all the smiley faces. And, isn't it so true that if you get yourself ready in the morning and dress cute, you feel sooo much better! If I know I have a beast of a day ahead of me, I have to put the extra effort into getting ready. Somehow it carries you a little farther than you might normally go! Glad you are feeling better!!

Monique said...

We all have our moments. Glad you are feeling better. I remember sleeping the entire weekend after I got mine removed cuz then it didn't hurt. At least you will never have to do it again.

Mommy said...

I had mine done a long time ago (freshman year of college) so I don't remember that much. I know I had bruises and chipmunk cheeks. Other than that I don't remember much. Glad you're feeling better and at least now you don't have to worry about something happening (infections or whatever) that would require emergency oral surgery to get them out.