Thursday, August 28, 2008

In case you were wondering....

this is what we've been up to:

The Kellster is 6 months young!15 lbs. 14 oz.* 26.5 inches* 43 cm head circ.

A pro at sitting and playing with toys, wriggles her little body to inch forward when she's on her tummy and wants a toy just out of reach, smiles constantly (MANY comments from "outsiders" about how much Kelly must like them because she smiles at them so much...tonight Bro. Kent in the ward said that she is the smiliest baby he's seen in his life - I'd have to agree), bright blue eyes that sometimes take my breath away, eyelashes that almost reach her eyebrows, hasn't met a veggie that she doesn't like..has only met one fruit (mushed banana) that she does, is happiest when her big brother is hanging out in the same room, gets excited to see her dad when he comes home, loves to be tickled, laughs when she's surprised, has totally stolen our hearts (can you tell?! :) ) *click on the picture above-right...her baby blues look stellar in that one*


These old-time "pirate" ships were in a port nearby, giving free tours during the day. That was play group this week and it was a hit! We toured all over and even got to go below and see the crew's sleeping quarters. We went down some steep stairs and were immediately hit with an unpleasant aroma. We got to the bottom of the stairs and started to walk around when Max stopped, turned around with a wrinkled nose and said, "It smells" in his super cute little boy voice. Indeed, Max, it did smell. Pretty cool ships, though, eh? *How do you like my new spectacles?*


Last Friday this is what I woke up to...love notes everywhere I turned from my super sweet husby (even one he had the kids help with a few nights before while I was at Enrichment) and the table and kitchen counter were covered with kisses. I've left several of these notes in place and have no intention of taking them down anytime soon. :) I am one lucky lady!




The Kitsap County Fair & Stampede, folks.
The first rodeo for Max, Kelly and myself. That's right, my first rodeo. (Maybe I went to one when I was young, but I don't remember?) Kelly took a little 15 minute nap and woke up - you guessed it - all smiles. The people behind us thanked us for bringing her and providing them with so much entertainment. She would pick out one person every couple of minutes and they would exchange many smiles...then onto the next lucky soul. Max thought it was pretty cool...he mostly liked to dance to the loud country music. That boy can boogie - quite the booty shaker! *For proof that Kelly does indeed have her moments, see the picture below left. One tired little lady.*

9 comments:

Jen Hancock said...

Hello my sweet cousin! What a cute fam you have! Those baby blues sure are hypnotizing! She's a doll! I'm so glad to see that you are doing so awesome! Oh and congrats on the Triatholon....I have to say that you've inspired me and Jared!

campblondie said...

Looks like you've been up to some fun. I do concur, those eyes are just beautiful. I would stare at her too if she were sitting in front of me at a rodeo. But only if I was at a rodeo.

The Nicks Family said...

Such cute pictures! Your kiddos are getting so big, and it has only been what, not even 2 months since I have seen them last?!! Crazy to think how much Kelly will have grown by November! Love ya girl!!

Kirsten said...

What a cutie pie! She looks like a little Cindy-Lou-Who from the Grinch!

BTW, I totally dig the new specs! You look hot!

Emily Youngdell said...

So CUTE! Love Ty's idea. What a romantic.. Ü I can't believe how big Kelly and Max are getting. It's crazy how fast they grow up. By the way, I LOVE that first picture of Kelly. She is a beauty.

Everitt's said...

So cute Danalyn! your kids are adorable!! love ya and miss ya, heather everitt

Shawna said...

she is so adorable! I love those curls and gorgeous eyes;you're right, they sure do pop in that photo.
The notes from you hubby are sweet. Jeff will do something like that for me once in awhile, and it certainly makes me feel special.
I went to a rodeo once; it was fun!

Sandy said...

I can't believe how much your kids have grown & changed! It's been too long since I last peeked in:( Your kids are super cute and what a sweet and thoughtful hubby you have.

Angie said...

Wow! What a wonderful post! Love the kiddos, love the specs, love the love notes. And I bet Cal would have loved the pirate ship, too! Looks like you guys are living it up in Silverdale. We love you.