Monday, August 11, 2008

Some random shots and some random thoughts...

to show what we've been up to lately!

My thumbs look like: big toes, they belong on a little person, they've been cut off.
I've heard all three of those things my whole life. I used to be kind of self-conscious about them. Now I love how unique they are. But the other day I was clipping Max's toenails and I suddenly realized that his big toe bears a striking resemblance to my thumb. What do you think? And can you tell which is the toe and which is the thumb? :) *Not fair to look to the side of the subjects in question which will totally give it away*


Nothin' better than cuddling with my little bud on a Sunday afternoon. And what is it about Sunday that makes me want to take posed pictures of my kids? Well, this particular day was because I love this particular dress on Kelly and I love Max in a tie.
I finally got around to decorating Kelly's room!
I've had a few projects in mind for a long time now, but haven't had/made the time. For Kelly's baby shower, my friend Tristalene did this cute banner with Kelly's name cut out on polka-dot paper. I liked it lots, so I decided to hold onto it and frame each letter of her name on a different background. I priced out frames I liked and realized this could be more of a do-it-yourself project that would make it cheaper. I purchased the frames from Michael's ($4.99 ea.); bought 2 bottles of paint - brown base and then added some purple to give it more of a cherry look ($.79 ea.); 5 pieces of scrapbook paper ($.50 ea.). Pretty cheap and a pretty great result! The other wall is a bit of a work in progress, but for that wall I had 4 white frames that I got from someone at some point and for some reason had held onto. I painted them to match the others and then painted each of the mattes a different color to match the room. The clock in the picture was silver, but that got the same paint job to match. Here's the final product...I felt really proud of myself! *The letters show up better in person...actually the whole room looks cuter in person*
For play group last week we went to this great park where they have five fountains that the kids can play in. The water is only about 6 in.-1 ft. deep. Perfect. Every few minutes, the top of the fountain "bursts" and you can soak yourself if you so choose (which Max did not). Kelly even loved sticking her feet in. We topped off the afternoon with a visit to Cold Stone. Yum. It wore the kids out...Max was asleep within two minutes of our drive home.

Last week we had a scorcher - 90 degrees! I know that doesn't sound like a hot day for a former Las Vegan, but when you don't have air conditioning...it's H-O-T! Hot enough to put Max's swimming pool to its intended use. We ALL got in our suits (minus Ty who was out of town) and we ALL sat in that tiny pool for the better part of an hour. It felt so good to get in that freezing water. Then we hit the mall where the air conditioning kept us cool the rest of the evening.


Look who thinks she gets to be big! I sat Kelly up between my legs and she stayed steady on her own for a bit...long enough for me to take a few pictures. That afternoon Ty came home from a 4-day trip with the Young Men (we missed him SO much!) and I wanted to show him the new trick. I thought she would just do what she had done that morning, but I guess she wanted to show off for her dad because she just sat and played with toys for a LONG time. Wasn't she JUST born?! (I LOVE the picture in the center...it makes me laugh. Do you think the flash was a little bit bright for her? :) )
Today we went to a cool (new to us) park about 15 minutes from here for our play group. Lots of grass to play on, a fun pirate play area, and it 's right next to the water. What more could a little man ask for?! On the rocky beach we found tons of little crabs (Max is showing you one in the 1st picture) and something I haven't seen at the other beaches we've been to around here....jellyfish! (in the bottom center picture) The last picture is the view from the beach of the Hood Canal Bridge. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful view. I love where I live!

11 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

I LOVE Kelly's room, way too cute! I still haven't gotten Delaney's all the way put together, ack!
Such fun pictures!! Your kids are too cute and I can't wait to see you all in Nov.
And we love your thumb :) It's different and unique, just like you!!
Love ya girl!

Unknown said...

Wow Kelli is getting so big! I wish I could jump into the pictures and hug and kiss your cute kids! I also think Kelli's room is very cute!
I agree that Max did get his big toe from you! Your thumb is so funny! I have fond memories of staring at it with you and laughing really hard! :) Good times!

Anonymous said...

wow! looks like you guys have been staying busy! i LOVE kelly's room! and andrew would love that pirate ship that the kids are playing on.
i hear ya about the 90 degree weather and no air conditioning. i am heading down to vegas (for 10 days) by myself with the boys, and am NOT looking forward to the hot weather at all!!!!!!:(

Anonymous said...

p.s. are you guys going to vegas for any holidays this year?

Madsen Family said...

Cute room, cute kids, CUTE parks (jealous), CUTE you! In essence, everything is cute:) I can't believe how fast our little ones are growing....and Will's room still isn't finished yet and he is 6 months old! It will be darling when it's done, though:)

campblondie said...

90 is a scorcher for where you are! Air conditioning makes all the difference.

Ann said...

I am loving it! I LOVE the pics in Kelly's room, and you guys all look great!

Bonny said...

Kelly's room is so cute. You did a great job Miss D!! I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting. I love Kelly's swimsuit - Mya has the same one!! Don't you just love having a little girl to dress - so fun!!

Shawna said...

I think that I love where you live, too. Gorgeous! That fountain looked like so much fun, and that park seems amazing!
Kelly's room is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you and your cute family! I don't even know if you remember me, but....you are SUPER cute! :)

Angie said...

The toe-thumb comparison made me giggle. I really did have to look at it for a second to figure it out! :)

I LOVE how Kelly's room turned out. And I love that you posted the prices of everything. I love cheap, cute home-decorating. Great, great job!