Monday, June 09, 2008

"Me want to do someday!"

...what Max said as soon as he saw the firefighters doing this:at the local "Kid's Day" with the firefighters. I was a little disappointed because I thought they were going to let the kids gets up close and personal with the fire trucks. Not so. Max was still really thrilled with his "fire engine hat".



Don't let her fool you...Kelly loved every minute of her time there. :)









After insisting that I put on the hat we picked up for Max's friend, Reyes, Max said over and over again in a really excited tone, "Mom, we're being firefighters!" And then he told two men that we passed in the parking lot. Not a bad career choice, Max. Fun to think about what he'll want to do when he grows up!



Just a few words about my little lady. I feel super blessed to have given birth to yet another GREAT baby. She is so good. She only fusses when necessary - tired, hungry, poopy - but the fussing is over as soon as the need has been met. She's been sleeping through the night for well over a month. I sing to her and rock her and she puts herself to sleep in her crib. Her life thus far has flown by! Tyler and I were talking about how it was when Max was a babe - we were anticipating each new milestone about a month before they happened. He was our only one and so it's all we thought about. Recently I thought, "I bet Kelly would be ready to start grabbing toys." Sure enough, I hold a rattle in front of her and her little arm gets movin' until her hand meets the rattle and she grabs on! I remember sitting with Max for hours with toys in front of him long before he was able to do anything with them. Our little girl is growing up fast! And, oh, her smile absolutely melts my heart. Still the full-body smiles - clear down to her toes. I love them!

7 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

How cute is that?!! I am positive Max would be an excellent fireman. I love the one of Kelly in her stroller, too funny. I am SO excited to see your kids and be able to FINALLY hold Kelly! You are such a cute Mom! Love ya girl!!

Marleen said...

I love those cheeks on your baby. She seems to love to show them off. Too cute.

Kristen said...

That just made me so excited to see you guys!!!

Kristen said...

p.s. not that I wasn't excited before:)

campblondie said...

I LOVE that picture of Kelly in the stroller. Such kissable cheeks!

Anonymous said...

how fun! andrew would have loved that! did kelly just start sleeping through the night on her own, or did you start trying to just put her back to sleep when she would wake up instead of feeding her??
anyways, they are both so cute!! and again, you look great! are you still training??

Momdi8 said...

How fun to watch you being such a great mommy, I love you, squeeze your babes for me. Love ya Aunt Deanne