Saturday, June 21, 2008

I SURVIVED!

I totally did it. I am so proud of myself. I'm sure it's the good kind of pride. :) I swam only once beforehand, got on my bike to ride around the neighborhood a bit on Wednesday, I had a baby 4 months ago...and considering all of those things, I did great! I was pretty darn slow, but I wasn't out there to win any medal besides my finisher medal (which, by the way, is lovely). I really dig the t-shirts that I get from each of these events as well. I pushed myself hard and I finished. I'm already signed up for the next one - Ty came home and signed us both up for one on August 16th. So I guess this was kind of training/getting my feet wet. Hooray for triathlons and doing something hard! It is really the coolest feeling to complete something like this. There are a million and one people who are MUCH more hard-core than me and would consider this a bit wimpy, but I still love doing it and reaching beyond MY ability to accomplish a worthy goal .(maybe not a super appropriate picture (center) - I wasn't lovin' that Ty took it - but I think it's worth noting for my own posterity that I nursed my babe and then got out there and ran a stinkin' triathlon!)









This is my dear friend, Tristalene. This was her first triathlon and she did awesome! She'll hopefully join me for many more triathlons to come. I'm trying to get her to do the half-marathon with me in October....








As you can see, the kids were so proud of their momma. They were totally into it! :) Actually, they were troopers. We woke them up to get in the car a little before 6 a.m. We drove for an hour and a half, got all set up and then they had to still hang out while I actually did the event. We are lucky to have such good kiddos!





EVERYONE should try a tri!
(Yes, that means you! Trust me, I've heard your excuse before - try me and I'll help you realize that you could be out there doing this as well if there is even the slightest desire in your heart)

15 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

I was thinking about you wondering how it all went! YAY for you!! You should be totally proud of yourself, I am proud of you. You are awesome!! 10 more days and I get to see you and I am super excited!!! Love ya!!

Emily Youngdell said...

Congrats!! I too was wondering how it went. I loved the nursing picture. (that sounds disturbing..) what I mean is that I think it is awesome that you can nurse your baby and get up and do a triathalon. Seeing you doing this has peaked my interest a bit.. something to ponder upon. Now, if you lived here I would be all for it.

Kristen said...

Way to go! It looks so beautiful there. Well you did a wonderful, and now onto your next one!

campblondie said...

Good work! There is a lady in our ward that just did her first one and LOVED it. Maybe when this Asthma gets under control I'll have to try it.
p.s. that water looks FREEZING!

Carrie said...

Danalin,
YOU'RE MY HERO!
It takes a special kind of woman to nurse and then race- you're amazing!!!

Seeing all those bikes made my legs itch and twitch.

I'll be cheering for you on the next one- go mamma, go!!!

Madsen Family said...

Danalin,
I am so very impressed with you for so many reasons. First, that you accomplished this amazing task. I find running around the block tiresome, so I am totally thrilled that you could accomplish this! Second, that you look so great in a bathing suit only 4 months after having a babe AND that you posted a pic of it on your blog! Finally, I am just impressed that you can nurse so well in public:) That is a task I still haven't mastered! Anyhow, congrats. I knew you could do it.

Mike and Heidi said...

Congratulations Dana! I totally admire you and your courage to participate in triathlons especially with little ones to take care. I hope you don't mind that we have been checking out your blog. You have a beautiful family and we miss you guys!

Jamie Claire said...

Congrats dana! What an accomplishment and you did it all with a smile. You are a super mom :)

val said...

YOU'RE AWESOME DANA! I'm proud of you. Way to go. What a woman!

Marleen said...

Good job. What a fun accomplishment. You look great for having a baby four months ago.

Seven Times Lucky said...

Dana you are awesome! I totally want to do one of these now :) I love reading your blog! You are such an amazing person!!! Congrats on the tri!

Anonymous said...

gosh, i am SO impressed!!:) way to go.:) i have thought about it before, but the swimming part really freaks me out. i am working up to running a half marathon in october, so hopefully i can follow through. i have to say, reading your post was motivating!!:)

Angie said...

Woo-HOOOO!! Way to go, Dana! I knew you would be great. You're unstoppable!

janet said...

You go GIRL! You're inspiring to us all!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.