Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Supplied!

Even though I am in denial about my boy starting Kindergarten, I have been plowing ahead with the preparations. While my in-laws were here we decided to check off the school supply list. My mother-in-law was a Kindergarten teacher AND had 7 children for whom she has bought many-a-school-supply AND she really likes shopping for them...so we thought it would be fun to go with Max and get 'er done. Then Kelly wanted to go. Then Max didn't want to leave the house without his dad. So the whole lot of us (me, Max, Tyler, Kelly, Everett, Margaret & Mickey) trekked out to Target, school supply list in hand.

We followed the large Back To School signs (with arrows!) hanging from the ceiling until they led us to the school supply mecca. Sadly, that 'mecca' let us down on a few counts and it would take two more stores to supply the 16-count crayons and pencil box. BUT it was still really fun and memorable! I wish I would have taken pictures with all of the people involved in this outing, but I did get a few of the future Kindergartner, list in hand (which had been in his pocket for the ride to Target; which I will be placing in his treasure box because it's one of those things that will bring sweet memories to this momma in future years).


And after the first three pictures were taken, Max to the Max says, "Mom! Now take a picture of me pretending to buy my school supplies." And then he posed. And I chuckled. And obliged. I adore this little dude. Doesn't he look seriously contemplative about what he should buy even though at this point we were done shopping? Ha.


*sigh* How did he get so big so fast?

4 comments:

Betsy B. said...

Oh he's so dang cute! I'd be in denial too about him leaving you for a few hours each day.

Auntie Elaine said...

He has such a creative personality!! Love him and his Family!!!! :-)

carly said...

he is one cute boy!!:) love the pictures of getting his supplies. when is his first day? andrew's is sept 6th. i cannot even believe it. :(

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness...I just want to gobble him up! My heart is racing and my eyes are welling with tears just thinking about you having to send that sweet boy to school! BUT his teacher will just adore him and will be so thrilled to have such a sweetie in her class, so I guess you'd better share him with the world!
Good luck to you in the coming days of preparation!!!