Friday, August 19, 2011

The Ev Man is Growing Up

Everett D is getting so big!

And I'm not just talking cheeks here.The boy is starting to parrot everything we say. He's had several words he's said for a while now, but now he's entered the parrot stage. Full-on talking isn't far behind. Some of his favorite words to say end in -k or -ck and he says that sound with such emphasis; it's super cute. Milk, snake (nake), snack (nack), truck (tuck), book, backpack (said VERY clearly...Ty said the word backpack on our last road trip when he was talking to Max, and Ev exclaimed "backpack!" It was so clear that I thought it was Max or Kelly, but it was the Ev Man.) I can't list all of the words he says because he's talking a ton and my brain doesn't work well enough to remember them all, but those are some of my favorite because of his emphasis.Brother has a green blanket with a satin edge that he sleeps with. About a month ago I was putting him down and while I was singing to him in his crib (per his request...he loves his bed and doesn't want to be sung to while I rock him anymore; he reaches for his crib when I start singing) he took the blanket and ran his hands along the edges until he got to the corner of the blanket and pulled it up to his face. Now I just make sure that he has the corner when I lay him down. I love little preferences like that.Everett is a prolific dancer. I thought Kelly loved to dance when she was younger, but I think Everett likes it a little more. His body just can't be helped; he HAS to move when he hears music. A few months ago we were at the YMCA pool and there is a slide that he goes on by himself (it lands in really shallow water) and he indicated that he wanted to go one more time before we left. I told him, "Okay, ONE more time." As he was walking over to the slide he suddenly became aware of the music that was being played for the Aqua Zumba class and he started to get his groove on. It was super cute so I just let him dance for a bit before I said, "Okay, Ev, go on the slide." He remembered that's what he was doing and took a few more steps toward the slide before the music overcame him again. We did that a few more times before I had to put him on the slide so that he would go down and we could leave. Brother just HAD to dance. He has a really good STOMP move and his BACKING UP moves are pretty sweet too.
Ev has all of his molars and his front middle teeth, but is missing several in between. Actually, I think the top teeth have all broken through now. But we're still waiting on 4 bottom teeth.

He's had a rough summer as far as facial wounds/bruises go. We just had to go ahead with family pictures in July because I figured that we weren't going to have a week without something on his face. So now he'll be sporting a nice bruise right between his eyes in this family picture forever. A true snapshot of his childhood thus far.
He loves to be outside and runs the toy lawnmower up and down the grass over and over again. He thinks that he is one of the big kids and can hold his own among them most of the time. He loves to laugh and will laugh whenever he hears someone else laughing. When he's excited he tenses his whole body, with his arms at a 90-degree angle, and gets a huge smile on his face. Sometimes I laugh or get excited about things just to hear/see him copy me.
Ev is now in nursery! He has loved it every single week. It might help to have a big sister in there, but he has not had a moment of sadness. It's great!

Oh, that little boy is delightful. I love him to pieces. And I totally get the kid cheek squishing thing now. With my other kids I've thought it was a little weird when people felt the need to squish their cheeks. But with Everett, it makes perfect sense. I love to squish/kiss them all the time. Love this little man.

3 comments:

campblondie said...

Ugh. That face! I might literally cry he's so cute.

carly said...

his cheeks are very squishable! can't believe he is getting so big! when is number four coming? ;)

Marie-Anne said...

I am delighted to peak once in awhile & catch up on the latest news in your familyl. I can only imagine how busy you are to nurture & to educate your sweet children & to include a portion of time for yourself & your hubby on top of that.
Of course, I forgot to remember that it only lasts 18 years at the most ( ! ! ! ) this C R A Z Y family life. It is quite short when you think of it, isn't it?
And, you know, that is mostly what will fill our precious memories for the rest of our lives !. Not that I imply that we stop making them once empty nesters......but their
cradle are much more vivid & engraved during those early
family years :D
Very happy for the good news of another baby by next
Spring :D
Let us hope that it brings balance in the girl's team like Max suggested :D
I have started a blog recently : 123tada.blogspot.com
You are welcome to stop by whenever you like !