Tuesday, August 16, 2011

D-O-N-E

It hasn't really hit us, but Tyler Michael Foster is officially DONE with school! No more class, no more homework, no more group meetings on the weekends, no more stinkin' research paper.DONE. On Friday, August 5th, just minutes before going to pick up his parents from the airport, he put the final touches on his 40+ page research paper. I cannot express the joy this brings to our little family. The kids and Ty keep chanting, "No more school! Play with kids!"

For this momentous occasion I decided that we should celebrate. Tyler is NOT me and so I knew he wouldn't want a million people to come to a party in his honor, so I just invited a few to come to a surprise dinner celebration in his honor. My in-laws were in on it and my father-in-law was in charge of keeping him out of the house for a few hours while my mother-in-law and I threw everything together before guests arrived. The plan was for them to golf 9 holes, but Ty messed that up when he scheduled a tee time for the late afternoon. So we had to get creative - my father-in-law pretended his hip was giving him trouble so they were going to go and buy our belated housewarming gift instead (which is usually a grill for their sons, but we were in need of a vacuum and I got myself a Dyson out of the deal!)

It was perfect. He didn't suspect a thing and it took him a minute to realize that when everyone yelled "Surprise!" it was for him. He was excited about the surprise, but a few minutes later said, "Oh, this is for me!" Ha. And the picture below is the ONLY one taken the entire night. Lame, but oh well. We have wonderful friends and had a great time eating and talking. We both even received a few graduation gifts, which was so sweet.

Ahhh...so happy to be done.

No comments: