Thursday, March 18, 2010

Joys

Ty forgot his marketing textbook at school last Wednesday. He really needed it to study with that weekend for his final the following Monday. So instead of him taking a two-hour trip (an hour there and back) solo, he decided to make a family day of it. After we got his book, we headed to the children's museum in Tacoma and spent a few hours there. The museum was the perfect size for our little people and we all had a great time. I'm sure Everett felt the joy while he was zonked in the bjorn on my chest. I know I've mentioned this before, but I love how easy babies are to schlep around at this age.
Everett's eyelashes are taking off! I think his are longer than either of the other two's lashes were at this age...? Hard to remember, though. Suffice it to say, they're gonna be luscious.
Our dude is becoming a regular smiler, although I have yet to capture his biggest grins. These are a few of his almost-smiles.

And don't you think he just has smiley eyes? He looks like he's on the verge of a smile so often. They're either smiley eyes or bug eyes when they're open. :) Love this first picture.
Kelly The Family Photog caught this cutest Everett expression. We always smile when she asks us to (well, Everett doesn't just yet...but he did this time because he's such a good brother) but never expect the picture to actually turn out. I don't love this one of me, but thought I could take one for the team so that you can see my little man's cute face. Pure joy!
I'm having such a great week with my kids. There are for sure moments of frustration and fits and sassiness, but overall we have such a fun time together. I love their personalities and Max and I get the giggles together a lot lately. I can't help but laugh when he is laughing...even at inappropriate times, like during prayer.

The sun is out today and there is sunshine in my soul! Hope your day is just as good.

7 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

I am always amazed at how quickly babies change! He is a cutie (as are your older ones)!! Love the pictures!!! Love ya!!

Kristen said...

Wow I think he looks like you a lot! They are all so beautiful. We should skype soon.

Anonymous said...

You are inspiring me, Danalin, to create my own blog....
It seems so much more fun than keeping a regular journal.....
A way to share with others some things that you obviously consider important to you as a woman, a wife, a mother, a friend, a family member etc....
FB cannot be built upon like a blog can...

Your family is very precious.....Enjoy the moments....because children grow up too too fast :D

uncle royce said...

That beautyfull family made my day full of smiles and joy to see such good lookin children and beautyful mom and a tremendous dad. It made this old fart every happy!

Unknown said...

Pure Joy! Aren't we so blessed?!?
I miss you and your cute family so much. I wish so bad I could drive up there right now! But I will just have to settle for looking at their sweet faces in these pictures! :)

Carrie said...

Your kids are so beautiful. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

(That Everett has such a sweet, happy countenance)

peterson said...

I just found your blog. It is so cute. you have a cute family. How old is Everett now. We just had our third this December. Thanks for sharing your cute pictures, and fun times.
Lynette Lofgren Peterson