Friday, March 26, 2010

another random post...get excited!

He smiles! All of the time now. Just when you think you can't love them anymore, they go and do a thing like that. And, no, I couldn't post just ONE picture. There are so many phases of his smile and I wanted to record them all.

If this hasn't put you on Everett Overload, I have a really short video clip of the little man in action below....mostly for the fam, let's be honest. Not everyone will think his gurgling and cooing and smiling and sneezing are as adorable as I do. Hard to believe, but I know it's true.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever watched The Wonder Pets? Annoying show, really, (are they on a mission to singlehandedly encourage the world to consume more celery? It's a little weird) but it gave my kids a cute song to sing when they are working together to get a job done. The other day we were all walking into the church for our (okay, my) bi-weekly exercise class. I had my weights, a diaper bag, and Everett in hand, so I asked the kids to carry my mat. They teamed up, one on each end, and sang the entire way in, "What's gonna work? TEAMwork!" over and over and over and over again. And over again. You get the picture. It was really cute because their voices are just so darn adorable. Why can't those little voices stay like that forever?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning when the kids woke up I was nursing Everett in my bed, so I told them to go ahead downstairs and I would be down in a minute. When I came downstairs, Max had his rain boots on and Kelly was wearing a pair of snow boots over her footie pj's. They were standing in front of the door to the garage with their hands behind their backs and smiles on their faces. I saw as their hands dashed behind their backs that they were holding graham crackers they'd gotten from the garage shelves. (By the way, Max totally thinks I have magic eyes and can see through anything....a belief I totally encourage.) I told them I saw what they had and Max just said, "We LOVE graham crackers!" I so wish I had a picture of their little boot-wearing selves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've found an I'll-watch-your-kids-while-you-run-if-you-watch-mine friend. I've been able to run every day except Tuesday this week. It's getting a little easier. The bod is willing and getting stronger; now I need to work on my mental game and stop giving myself the "you just had a baby"out when it's feeling hard and I want to walk. I didn't walk at all today and I thought I was pretty rad. You should see some of the hills around here - you MIGHT agree with my "rad" assessment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I type this, my studly husby is in the backyard rebuilding our deck to make our super cool backyard even cooler....errrr...to make our postage stamp of a backyard look a little bigger. It's gonna be awesome. I'll be posting pictures of the finished product very soon. I know, I know, you can hardly contain your excitement. Well, try. And have a great weekend!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ev Man's video debut on the blog....

4 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

YAY for smiles :) Love all your little stories, so fun! Kahle got so excited to see Everett, he kept talking and waving at him. It was too cute! Thanks for sharing those pictures, love ya!!

campblondie said...

I could almost smell his sweet little skin through the computer! That is one cute smile you've got there little man.

Unknown said...

Oooooo I LOVE that little smile!! He is one CUTE little man!!
I can picture Max & Kelly working together! CUTE little people!

Angie said...

Hee-hee!! Love those smile pictures! I'm so glad you posted all of them!

That Wonder Pets song is popular at our house too. So cute to read about your kids singing it!