Monday, March 08, 2010

A Blessed Event

We were so lucky to have my parents here this weekend! They came into town for Everett's baby blessing. We had two glorious days of sunshine, one cool and overcast day, and today we had snow (didn't stick..in fact, the sun is out now). It was a perfect weekend - thanks, Mom and Dad for coming. We love you so very, very much. You totally rock as grandparents (and parents too)!

The highlights were:
  • a picnic outside *Max had to wear shades because we Washingtonians are sun wimps*
  • the kids played outside with Papa Dan - they even rid the world of a few slugs with some table salt
  • shopping with my mom...loved it!
  • primary activity *Max recited the 3rd Article of Faith for the talent show portion of the activity*
  • Waterfront Park with Grammy
  • Papa added a light outside so that when the weather is nice the kids will be able to play in the sandbox into the wee hours of the morning...errr...just late into the night, we won't go to bed without getting our kids out of the sandbox, I promise
  • Easter Egg Hunt, courtesy of Papa & Grammy since Max and Kell will miss out on the hunt with the cousins
  • Max and Kelly putting on a show with the glow-in-the-dark sword and flower from the Easter Egg Hunt
  • just chillin' with the grandparents
  • eating really good food courtesy of the parents
  • making apple donuts with my dad *and then he had us take them to people in our ward as a thank you from him for taking care of my little family since he can't be here to do it all the time - such a thoughtful man*
  • my mom crocheting a blanket just for Kelly's doll
  • I got to go on my first run post-baby while my parents watched the kids! I loved running again...I'll be honest, though, it was a little tough. I did run all of the hills which was a small personal victory :)
And of course, the highlight of highlights:
  • Everett's Blessing!
My mom crochets a blessing blanket for each grandchild

And now for a few unrelated pictures:

Here is one more sweet picture of my sweet babe, just for fun...I sure like him!
I told you that I felt like a poser in the world of long hair...so I cut it off - what do you think?

10 comments:

Bonny said...

First of all, I loved your long hair - it looked great on you. But I am a short hair lovin' girl and you totally rock the short 'do!! Oh, and I ♥ your bangs!!
Your kiddos are super adorable! And your mom and dad are too!! :)
Love you Lady!!

Unknown said...

YAY! Thanks for my Foster Family fix!!
1st I wish so so bad we could have been there for Everett's blessing. He looked SO CUTE in his blessing suit! I just love his sweet little face and I can't wait to squish him in June!
2nd you look Beautiful! I love the new do!!
3rd All 3 of your kids are so sweet! Give them all a hug and a kiss for me!! LOVE YA!

Shawna said...

The hair cut is definitely a good one!
Everett is so adorable. I'm glad that your parents were able to go out. Looks like you all really enjoyed their visit. I love your parents!

The Nicks Family said...

We definitely have some awesome parents! I am glad that they could be there for Everett's special day! Looks like it has been a fun filled weekend! Your hair looks cute :) We are excited to see you guys in June! Love ya!!!

LV said...

Danalin, what a beautiful little family you two have! Your little ones are pretty lucky to have you as their mamma:)I love reading your postings and seeing all the great pictures. Little Kelly definately looks just like you. You've inspired me to officially become a blogger too. It's a little shabby right now, I'm learning:) Lots of love!
Lyndi

P.S Love the new hair-cut, but if you ever choose to come back to the long hair lady club you can definately pull it off too!

Kawai said...

awww...thanks for sharing your beautiful family...you all looked too precious for his blessing!!! Lots of love your way!!!! xoxoxo

Madsen Family said...

Personally, I think you can pull any look off (lucky you) but I love the short hair. I am vascillating--should I grow or should I cut? When I see your cute hair I think, CUT! Anyway, congrats on the blessing. Everett is precious. And I'm so glad you had lots of parent/grandparent time. Isn't that the best?

Emily Youngdell said...

I love all of the pictures! Your little Everett is a doll. :) I'm glad your parents were able to come for the weekend!

campblondie said...

First of all, I'm DYING over Kelly's ponytail on top of her head. DYING!
Second of all, I've seen your Dad laying just like that (the picture where he is laying next to Everett holding his hand) with my very own eyes with your other babies. I just know it. I'm so glad they got to come up for a visit. They are good people........really good people.

Beth said...

so much to comment on. . . haven't checked blogs in ages! But, it's 12:!5am, and my kids are going to be awake before I know it and before my body will be ready to be a happy mom. So---YES I do want to run! Email me the details and we'll figure it out. Bethrustand at gmail!