Monday, October 19, 2009

A must-read!

You all know I think my husband is pretty rad. Well, he has 5 brothers and 1 sister who are also very talented. Today I want to share the talents of one of those brothers - Doc Mark Foster.

Mark is a family physician, which means that he's gracefully taken many worried mom calls from me. He has a great singing voice. He is the father of three really cute kids and has one amazing wife. To add to his list of greatness, Mark has recently written a novel. For real. And the good news for you, dear reader, is that you can read it for free for a short time. Simply go to his website - www.authormarkfoster.com - and experience his talents for yourself. You can use this as the next book for your book group, or just simply enjoy it for yourself. Here is a little background of the book as explained by the author himself: "I have written a book, a novel called Grey Matters. It's a medical romance--with a heavy dose of ethics thrown in to boot. It is about a doctor, a nurse, and a dream that brings them together and then threatens to tear them apart. It has been a thrilling endeavor to write the book, and I would like to invite you to read it. I hope you'll find it compelling, challenging and thought-provoking, especially in light of all the swirling debate regarding healthcare reform."

I just finished reading (only took me two days and that was with doing school and taking care of the household). It was excellent! And I'm not saying that because the author is my bro-in-law. You'll need tissues, your son (or daughter) will probably ask you why you're sad when you're crying at your computer, and you might just stay up until 12:30 a.m. because you want to read 'just one more chapter' before going to bed. It was a very thought-provoking book and has me scheduled for a good talk with my husband about my medical wishes. The romance aspect was very well-written, which I am always a sucker for. And I found myself amazed at how well my brother-in-law explained the physical sensation of childbirth - I need to talk to him about that because I was really impressed. It took me right back to the delivery room and many of the emotions and feelings of bringing a babe into this world. Very well-written, thought-provoking, moving, worthwhile novel. I loved it.

So go read the book already and be sure to leave a comment once you've read. Feel free to share the love with all of your friends as well. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

Wow, that is awesome! I will most definately check it out.

Beth said...

i just heard about this! So exciting! Mickey and Margaret are coming here this weekend--will be so much fun to see them!! We miss you guys!