Thursday, October 22, 2009

Craft Idea and Kelly Update

An easy Halloween craft...
Max and I did these little ghosts (and other unknown creatures) last week. So easy!
  1. lay out a sheet of wax paper
  2. pour a little pool of white school glue
  3. shape with your fingers into a ghost-like figure (yep, it's a little messy/sticky)
  4. place eyes and mini pom-poms for whatever kind of face/accessories you want
  5. let it dry overnight, possibly a little longer even
  6. once it's dry (it will look almost transparent and you may think that your project was a total bust, but...) peel it off the wax paper and you have these cute little ghosts!
    We were quite pleased with ourselves and they are gracing the front window. I don't know that they'll survive until next year, but it's a really easy and fun project. I found it online, so I can't take the credit. Just wanted to pass it along.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remember the baby mauler...er, lover? Here are a few pictures of the doll with her dolls.
I love these ones where she's multitasking - eating whilst holding a babe in her arms. Momma-in-training already. And, yes, she does have a booster seat, but this was her preferred method of eating for a week or so -the girl could barely see over the table.
Yes, I do her hair, but she prefers this 'style', and in my defense two of the pictures were taken in pj's.

She is developing such a little personality with all of the words she says. Okay, she's always had a lot of personality, we just get to hear it more now. She knows all of her colors and is quite obsessed the letter "O". She likes E, L, X...but O is by far the favorite. Everything sounds super exciting when she says it. I love the inflection in her voice! I'll cry the day she learns to say her "k" sound...I love, love, love when she says, "Otay!" and "Tum on, tum on, Momma" while flicking her wrist in a follow-me gesture.
She's been a super slow teether and is now in the process of getting 4 at once. It's about time, but the poor lady must be hurting. Maybe that's where the sassiness is coming from? Lately she's started to say things like, "No talk to me, Max!" "Don't look me, Max!" and yelling when he gets too close. We're working on nicer ways to express feelings. :) Poor Max can't do anything right sometimes. BUT they also play together really, really well and are great friends. Funny how that works in sibling relationships. Today they opted out of going to the Church for exercise class because they wanted to stay home and play together. I love when they would rather hang at home together than go play with friends (although heaven knows that I need the exercise...I'm getting bigger and softer every minute).
Picture taken this morning by Max. "Kelly, okay, do something cute and I'll take a picture!"

Also, I might be raising an anti-social daughter? She would rather be home than most anywhere. She asks for "Home!" many times when we're running errands. In fact, as soon as we pull out of the driveway, but that has turned into her little joke that she says to make us laugh. And when we walk into storytime or exercise or Church, she squirms in my arms and says, "I no like it! I no like it!" I try to convince her that she will and sometimes I'm successful (especially if I have a bribery snack in hand), but sometimes it's a lost cause and I have to keep her extra close (not easy when you're doing aerobics). But she loves nursery and other kids coming to play or playing at their homes. It's not a mommy thing. Maybe a large group thing?
It's fun to figure out this little woman who came with a little more drama and likes/dislikes than the little man who came before. Ty always says, "You can be a little stinker, Kelly, but you sure make up for it with how cute you are." And I often see him smiling and saying, "Oh man, Kelly, you are SO cute" when they're playing together. She's got her dad all wrapped up...mom and brother too. It's true that for all of the drama, she has SO much personality that is funny and smart and completely entertaining. She's a dancer with great moves and quite the singer. She loves to say anything that will get a laugh or a smile. Hard to believe that she'll be a big sister soon. She likes to lift up my shirt and say, "Hi, baby! I can't see you!" Oh, and we were trying to decide between two names for our babe for a while but have now come to a decision (you don't get to know just yet) so Kelly often calls the baby by the name we didn't choose because she knows it will get a funny reaction. She's our sunshine and we love her so much!

4 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

Love the craft idea! I may just be stealing that one :)

As for Kelly, I think she is taking after her aunt Bethany with wanting to be home :) I am and have always been more content to just stay at home, lol!

We are so looking forward to seeing you guys at Thanksgiving!

Jayme said...

Danalin - I love reading your blog and hearing about your family. I knew Tyler in college, and it's so fun to imagine him with his family. Sounds like he found a great wife and has a fantastic family! I'm so happy for you all!

Shawna said...

She seems like such a fun little character. I hope you record all these entries in a book for her to read one day when she's older; she'll love it.
I love how excited she is about the new baby already.
I hope her new teeth come in quick! Mandy teethed multiples at a time, too, and it was no fun.
And I love the ghosts. Great idea! Thanks for passing it on.

Carrie said...

Thanks for the craft idea- we made them tonight while daddy was away. It kept us busy for like an entire half an hour- that's saying a lot.