Friday, June 12, 2009

MBA!

My very handsome, very sexy, very funny, very supportive, extra amazing husband also has a whole lotta smarts! That's why he scored a 730 on the GMAT (entrance exam for business school) back in April. That's also why he got an acceptance letter in the mail yesterday from the University of Washington Milgard School of Business to start their MBA program in the fall (it's a two-year program designed for the working professional...so it's at night a few days a week). And his smarts landed him a $6,000.00 academic scholarship from the Milgard family which is a MAJOR bonus for us! Ty's company covers a good chunk of the tuition and then this will help with a good portion of our costs. He'll get to go to a special dinner at the end of the year with the Milgard family as well. What a man! Did I mention he's smart? For his Bachelor's degree he double majored in Mechanical Engineering and Russian. The man already has one Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering. I missed out on all of that schooling...I swooped in just as he was finishing his thesis and was leaving school. So it's time I paid my dues!

Last night we celebrated in style (after going to Sariah's graduation - yeah for Sariah!) by getting some ice cream and eating it on the porch at home. We are SOOO proud of this amazing man and we love him lots!

12 comments:

Jana Banana said...

Love Kelly's picture... i think she knows she is cute....welp Congrats! That is so exciting and wow that is a lot of schooling... i could never do that much. 4 years of college was all I could take (I hate doing homework).See ya tonight, unless you are still celebrating :)

Royce and Deanne Wooly said...

Congrats Tyler, it sounds like you have some work ahead of you but it also sounds like you can definitely handle it! You have a great family to support you! Love ya Dana

Unknown said...

Tyler you are AWESOME and not just because you are super smart and got into the MBA program AND got a $6,000 scholarship, but because you are such a great hubby to my sister, a great dad to your kids, your a great bro in law to me, a great uncle to my kids, an all around GREAT person and we love ya! Congrats!!

Jeff said...

Some men are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them...and some just want more letters after their name so they keeping going to school forever. That said, Ty, you are great and you'll look good in your businessman suit.

Mommy said...

Congrats Ty! It's definitely nice when you don't have to pay for all the schooling.

Tankfos said...

Ty's going to be a businessman? I had no idea that you were thinking about doing that. If there is one thing I know it is that Ty is good at whatever he does.

val said...

hey matt will be starting his MBA program in the fall two. too bad we're not closer we could have girls nights the nights they are in school.
ty is a smarty pants!

The Nicks Family said...

I have to admit when I got your e-mail, I thought you were pregnant, lol!
Congrats Ty!!!!! That is awesome and you should be so proud of yourself! I know we are proud of you!!!

Ann said...

Holey Moley, that IS great! Congratulations!

janet said...

yeah! I didn't know he wanted to get ANOTHER degree, but I am very pleased since I've always been jealous that you married AFTER school was finished. Finally, you have so suffer! YES! Congrats- especially on the scholarship. You married well.

Monique said...

Cute kids! Congrats Tyler!

Shawna said...

Hurrah! That definitely deserves an ice cream celebration.